JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up this PC9 from a local guy with one mag and 3 boxes of ammo. I never see these around so I just couldnt pass it up. Dont know if I will end up keeping it or if it will go in my trading stock. I will have to take it out and play with it first!

Does anyone have experience with these? How do they shoot? Would it be worth putting an optic or red dot on the gun? What are your thoughts?

P1090596.jpg
P1090598.jpg
P1090597.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet carbine, I always liked it more than the Marlin.
It's on the list of "Why did I sell that gun again?"
Let me know if you need some Ruger 15 rounders.
I also have a one piece rail that fits the Ruger ring dovetails.
I had a cheap 50mm red dot on mine, worked great.
It would be a great candidate for suppression!

Yea it takes standard P-series ruger pistol mags. Although I haven't had much time to do research, my understanding is that they were originally designed as a police weapon. The idea was that an officer would carry a Ruger P-series pistol as a duty pistol, and then have one of these as a carbine in their patrol car. Hence the interchangeable mags and ammo. The story I heard was that they were discontinued a few years back due to low sales. I imagine that the idea never really took off in the law enforcement community.

These are great guns. Also made in .40 caliber as the PC4. Originally marketed as a police-tool, dealers doomed this gun to fail when they decided that it would never sell, so they didn't stock them.

I've got the PC4 model, and it is unbelievably accurate, at ranges a .40 should never be expected to be used at.

Being a straight blow-back, it is surprising that the action stays remarkably clean. Recoil and report are quite diminished when firing these guns.

Two sight-options were available. Conventional rear sights, and a ghost-ring aperture. Mine has the latter and they work great on a gun like this. But there's no reason optics of any kind, including red-dots wouldn't be quite at home on this gun.

Either in 9mm or .40, they're the cheapest center-fire rifles to shoot.:cool:

WAYNO.

A friend of mine picked one up at a pawn shop a couple of years ago. I always thought I wanted one until I held/shot it. Standard Ruger quality and shoots ok but a little on the 'clunky' side. Kind of why I do not own a Mini-14. I wound up getting a Sub 2000 as the nine carbine I wanted and it works well as my quad pack gun. I think the PC9 will become a nice collector's item as the Marlin Camp 9 has and the selling prices reflect that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top