JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had it completely apart, inspected and cleaned it thoroughly. I've been shooting a variety of leftover ammo in it, reloads of different types that all function well in my pistols.

I wasn't impressed with the accuracy- palm-sized groups at 25 yards, but then I figured it might have something to do with the leftover bullets I was using in that magazine. I have some old Speer Gold Dot +p ammo that I've had laying around for many years, figured I'd try some quality ammo for accuracy. Big improvement- nice clover-leaf groups at 25 yards!

I'm not terribly concerned with the jamming issue. It's good to hear that most people have good reliability with them. It's a pretty simple gun; I figured it was either the extractor or ejector. This particular failure type makes me think I should take a close look at the extractor next.
If you have any mags for the other mag well? Try them. If they work extractor would be first place to try. Cheap as they are may be a good first try anyway with one made by the aftermarket that seem to be better made. Several guns seem to have this in common. Lost track of number of 1911's over the years that this was the "fix". The Ruger MK's in .22 this is often the reason for them to do just what you are seeing. One buddy was for years cussing his MKIII since it did not want to work with a lot of different ammo. He finally bought an after market extractor I had been trying to get him to try. $10 part and after he did that the pistol works like a dream. Try the simple cheap first and hopefully yours will start humming along. Are you using OEM mags BTW? When I was watching the price waiting to order mine the one common thing I saw a lot of trouble was people trying after market mags. Those seem to be really hit and miss. Some run like a top, while others will just not work worth a damn.

Soon after I got mine I was standing outside spraying the bolt with cleaner and squeezed it just right to make it come apart in my hand. One small piece went flying.
Same here! Was it one of the little pins in the bolt assembly? Mine was and it went flying out on my gravel driveway - ya know, grey/black gravel - like the pin...

It required my metal detector to find it!

I bought mine soon after they hit has been 100% from day one with glock mags. I was leery at first due to Hickock45 having issues with the one they sent him he was not able to get cleared. Hopefully you can get it running right. By now there must be a ton of video's of them and common ideas to give a try to.
I had one. (sold because I had too many pccs in 9mm) My experience was mine never jammed in around 2k rounds

Got the original PC9 when they came out in the early 1990s. (Serial # under 1000) Wonder if Ruger now calls it the "old model"?
Nope, they call it the PC9 or PC4.

The newer one is a PC Carbine or PCC.

I know we interchange this terminology incorrectly, and being a person who owns both, trying to buy parts for my PC9 or PC4 causes confusion, even for Ruger.

Actually, I still prefer the PC9, PC4, if for no other reason than the receiver mounted peep sight on the PC9/4 is far superior in location than the barrel mounted aperture on the PCC.

Funny thing is, I bought this one used, and another one new- long story.

Short version- Saw one at Bimart a few months ago and bought it. They told me it could take months for the BGC, but I could get a refund no problem, up until I picked it up. I later saw a used one for sale for $150 less and bought it, 3-day pickup transfer, with the intention of getting a refund at Bimart. Quicker and cheaper is good, right?

Despite the jamming, my son really likes it, so I went ahead and picked up the Bimart gun too, when it finally got out of jail. So, now we've got two of them. We haven't even fired the new one yet.

Back to the used one: I swapped out the ejector but it was the same. I sharpened the extractor and just had it to the range yesterday, put about 80 rounds through it with only one jam, so that seems to be the issue. I'll go ahead and order a new extractor too; maybe it will be 100% then.

I wasn't terribly impressed with accuracy at first, but found that it really depends on ammo. I was shooting cheap plated bullets and was getting something like 2" groups at 25 yards. I switched to my own powder coated bullets and groups shrunk by half. I tried a few Speer Gold Dot rounds and got nice little clover-leaf groups at the same distance.

The only other PCC that I have is a Sub-2k in .40SW. I like it for what it is, but it's not terribly fun to shoot; ergonomics are terrible, the trigger is aweful, and the sights are pathetic. The Ruger is much better for fun shooting at the range, like an overgrown 10/22. I found out that it's easy to go through a lot of ammo in a hurry with it. I suppose I really need to take the other one out and make sure it doesn't have jamming problems too.

Funny thing is, I bought this one used, and another one new- long story.

Short version- Saw one at Bimart a few months ago and bought it. They told me it could take months for the BGC, but I could get a refund no problem, up until I picked it up. I later saw a used one for sale for $150 less and bought it, 3-day pickup transfer, with the intention of getting a refund at Bimart. Quicker and cheaper is good, right?

Despite the jamming, my son really likes it, so I went ahead and picked up the Bimart gun too, when it finally got out of jail. So, now we've got two of them. We haven't even fired the new one yet.

Back to the used one: I swapped out the ejector but it was the same. I sharpened the extractor and just had it to the range yesterday, put about 80 rounds through it with only one jam, so that seems to be the issue. I'll go ahead and order a new extractor too; maybe it will be 100% then.

I wasn't terribly impressed with accuracy at first, but found that it really depends on ammo. I was shooting cheap plated bullets and was getting something like 2" groups at 25 yards. I switched to my own powder coated bullets and groups shrunk by half. I tried a few Speer Gold Dot rounds and got nice little clover-leaf groups at the same distance.

The only other PCC that I have is a Sub-2k in .40SW. I like it for what it is, but it's not terribly fun to shoot; ergonomics are terrible, the trigger is aweful, and the sights are pathetic. The Ruger is much better for fun shooting at the range, like an overgrown 10/22. I found out that it's easy to go through a lot of ammo in a hurry with it. I suppose I really need to take the other one out and make sure it doesn't have jamming problems too.
My "old model" PC9 really prefers true jacketed bullets over lead, coated or plated. It'll eat them all up, but is more accurate with jacketed. No real difference @ 25 yards, but noticeable at 50.
Even the nasty Wolf copperwashed steel 9mm (they must be loaded with black powder) does pretty well in the PC9.

I can't imagine why range would matter. I was getting 3 to 4" groups at 100 yards with my own 125gr powder-coated bullets, about the same as some decent quality 125gr FMJ. I would expect better from a true rifle, but from what I've read, that's about ballpark accuracy from these. I didn't shoot any of the Gold Dots further than 25 yards, since I don't plan on shooting them in this rifle.

I size my cast bullets slightly oversized. I wonder if the PCC bore is oversized?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top