Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger P97 .45 ACP

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by Michael, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Michael

Michael Oregon Member

Ruger P97DC .45 ACP pistol, decocker model. I bought this 9 years ago, before I discovered 1911's. I won many IDPA matches with this pistol, but haven't shot or carried it in years, so it's time to move it out of the safe. Comes with the factory case & manual, and 3 factory magazines.

Asking $380 obo

IMGP6250.jpg

IMGP6257.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. Michael

Michael Oregon Member

Bump - dropped price, make me an offer!

3. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Where in Oregon are you?

4. Michael

Michael Oregon Member

Portland area. I'll be in Medford in a few weeks, but not sure if the Ruger will still be around then!

Regards,
    Michael

5. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

How many rounds would you guess that's fired, and is it loose or worn anywhere?

6. Michael

Michael Oregon Member

I honestly didn't count how many rounds I put through it, I'm guessing around 2000. Around 700 of those rounds were at a 40-hour course from Gunsite instructor Randy Cain, and I practiced and shot it in IDPA for a few months after that.

Like every other polymer-framed Ruger I have seen (had a couple other ones before), it's not the tightest slide-to-frame clearance (not compared to a 1911), but that clearance has remained unchanged over the time I have had it. The barrel still locks up nicely, no noticeable wear.

Regards,
    Michael