JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought my Ruger P95 back in 2000. I've probably put close to 500+ rounds through it since then (don't really shoot it too much). I've never put reloads through it, usually use 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ Blazer rounds and clean it after every use. Probably during the last 100 rounds it started to misfire... pull the trigger and just get a "click". This would happen once or twice a clip. What could be causing this?

Are you able to get the missfired rounds to fire if you reload them back into the mag?( check to see if its bad ammo)
If they fire,
Check the primer strikes on all the rounds, see if the missfires have the same dimple depth. Light strikes mean dirty/worn firing pin.
Have you cleaned inside bolt?

Are you able to get the missfired rounds to fire if you reload them back into the mag?( check to see if its bad ammo)
If they fire,
Check the primer strikes on all the rounds, see if the missfires have the same dimple depth. Light strikes mean dirty/worn firing pin.
Have you cleaned inside bolt?

yes, i can fire the misfired rounds when i reload them in the mag. i'm actually going out today to see if the misfiring still occurs and what the spent rounds vs. the misfired rounds look like. as far as cleaning the bolt... not sure what you're talking about. i'm in no way an expert on guns. i've had all types of guns within the last 10+ yrs and this is the first time i've had a misfiring issue on any of them, that being said, this is also the first gun i've kept the longest (my first hand gun purchase, kind of sentamental).

no and i wouldn't even know where to start or how to do it. The extent of cleaning i've ever done is stripping it, cleaning it with solvent and lubing it back up.

It could also be the firing pin disconnect... If you remove the slide and cock the hammer (while holding the hammer with non trigger finger hand) pull all the slack out of the trigger a bar on the right side of the frame (just in front of the hammer) should come up just over 1/8" If this firing pin disconnect lever is not coming all the way up before the hammer falls then this could be your issue. To remove the firing pin... I believe you need to remove the rear sight, remove the firing pin block, decock levers then I believe the firing pin will release itself torward the rear of the pistol :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top