JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own a Ruger P89 and love it - except for the slippery grips. I still can't figure out why Ruger made them as they did.

Anyway, I have small hands. The Ruger still fits in my hand, but when I put a wrap-around grip (<broken link removed> or <broken link removed>) on it becomes a little too big.

Aside from the $70 wood grips that I've found, does anyone know of replacement rugger grips - just for the side panels. I've bought them for Beretta's, why can't I find them for Rugers? :cool:

Techiguy, thanks for the info. I wish VZ Grips made custom grips for the P89. And I'm a bit too picky to use tape.

This did spark another idea though. Ever use paint with grit in it for outside steps and stairs? I found this website (https://www.nonskidpaint.com/) that has a spray-on version that I might try. I'll publish the results here. The worst that can happen is that I have to order another original set of grips. I think they cost $7.

If you could convince the owner of VZ to make a set of grip for the Ruger, I would be inline for a set! I put a set of Operators grips on my Colt 1911... Let me tell you, they are wonderfull! I would consider selling my Alumagrips on my Kimber just to pick up another set of VZ. I might call VZ just to see what he might say! The worst he will say is no or $200 for a set of grip:s0112:

Well, I found Ruger's old style grips - which are basically just a different pattern. It was better, but not exactly what I wanted. I'll have to get of picture of them up and see if anyone wants them.

I'm going to look into the Pachmayr grips. I read some reviews that haven't been very good, but still worth a look.

I'm leaning towards finally purchasing (over $20!) the spray-on non-skid paint. Anyone have some old grips they want to try it out on? I might as well get my money's worth.

Pachmyr and Hogue both make a very nice replacement grips that will keep the grip size the same. I installed the Hogue on the one I had.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR