Ruger P89 Grips

Andy

Reactions
I own a Ruger P89 and love it - except for the slippery grips. I still can't figure out why Ruger made them as they did.

Anyway, I have small hands. The Ruger still fits in my hand, but when I put a wrap-around grip (<broken link removed> or <broken link removed>) on it becomes a little too big.

Aside from the $70 wood grips that I've found, does anyone know of replacement rugger grips - just for the side panels. I've bought them for Beretta's, why can't I find them for Rugers? :cool:

OP
Andy

Andy

Reactions
Techiguy, thanks for the info. I wish VZ Grips made custom grips for the P89. And I'm a bit too picky to use tape.

This did spark another idea though. Ever use paint with grit in it for outside steps and stairs? I found this website (https://www.nonskidpaint.com/) that has a spray-on version that I might try. I'll publish the results here. The worst that can happen is that I have to order another original set of grips. I think they cost $7.

Reactions
If you could convince the owner of VZ to make a set of grip for the Ruger, I would be inline for a set! I put a set of Operators grips on my Colt 1911... Let me tell you, they are wonderfull! I would consider selling my Alumagrips on my Kimber just to pick up another set of VZ. I might call VZ just to see what he might say! The worst he will say is no or $200 for a set of grip:s0112:

OP
Andy

Andy

Reactions
Well, I found Ruger's old style grips - which are basically just a different pattern. It was better, but not exactly what I wanted. I'll have to get of picture of them up and see if anyone wants them.

I'm going to look into the Pachmayr grips. I read some reviews that haven't been very good, but still worth a look.

I'm leaning towards finally purchasing (over $20!) the spray-on non-skid paint. Anyone have some old grips they want to try it out on? I might as well get my money's worth.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom