JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just bought new ruger p95. Tried it out today.It does not eject spent shells.Sometimes they stick 1/2 way out of the slide.Other times they dont eject at all.I have to manualy eject the shell .and
then it will fire and the problem repeats itself. Useing Remington 115gr.mc.
any thoughts.???

Some of the newer Ruger semi-autos have been notorious for being tight, and require a little breaking in. I would suggest field stripping the gun, and getting all the industrial strength KY grease out of it, then putting a drop of gun oil on a toothbrush, and scrubbing it into the bearing surfaces.

Then, try a heavier bullet, 124 gr or 147 grain. In my experience, these heavier bullets recoil a little more, and will more often than not, speed up the cycling of the slide. Continue this, while occasionally trying the 115 grain bullets, til it will reliably function with the lighter bullets.

I went thru this same drill with my new SR9. It did not like the lighter bullets. After following all my suggestions above, it now will reliably handle any weight of 9mm ammo, with zero malfunctions.

It's not likely that the gun has a real problem, but if so, Ruger stands by their products extremely well, and they will make it right.

WAYNO.

It's surprising to me how many new autos require a break in. It's often recommended by the manufacturer. I think it's bogus personally, but it is what it is. Sometimes it's 200 rounds, sometimes 500. Geez, you'd think they'd give you free ammo. :D

As said above, be sure you tear it down and remove the factory grease which is there to preserve the gun, not to help it operate. Then use a good light coating of quality gun oil. Be sure to clean the extractor really well.

My experience is that "breaking in" a gun doesn't cure malfunctioning. If it doesn't work correctly when you get it, wasting 200 to 500 rounds of precious ammo probably won't cure it. It's better to just send it back and get it fixed right away.