JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to the Ruger website to check out some rifles and noticed this little gem by accident. NW Armory had one so I went to check out the 9mm Officer-Style in person and it just felt right if you know what I mean. I had a Ruger Commander a few years ago that I ended up selling and regretting a little and I guess this makes up for it. I've been able to shoot it twice now (at DRRC, btw) and it's a great shooter. 300 rounds through it total including 50 rounds of Federal 147gr HST with no real issues. I did have a couple rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass with pretty weak ejection but that could've been a grip and/or ammo issue. It weighs in at 27.2oz and has a 3.6" barrel. Ruger specs say the magazines have a 7 round capacity, but I easily could load 8 and went through several magazines that way. I've seen this advertised as 8+1 in a couple of places so I emailed Ruger and their response was that loading 8 rounds could cause feeding issues which was interesting. IMG_1016.jpg

I think they're pretty nice for the money. I've never tried an upper end 1911 so I really don't have anything to compare to. I'm hoping Ruger makes one this size in 45.

I went to the Ruger website to check out some rifles and noticed this little gem by accident. NW Armory had one so I went to check out the 9mm Officer-Style in person and it just felt right if you know what I mean. I had a Ruger Commander a few years ago that I ended up selling and regretting a little and I guess this makes up for it. I've been able to shoot it twice now (at DRRC, btw) and it's a great shooter. 300 rounds through it total including 50 rounds of Federal 147gr HST with no real issues. I did have a couple rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass with pretty weak ejection but that could've been a grip and/or ammo issue. It weighs in at 27.2oz and has a 3.6" barrel. Ruger specs say the magazines have a 7 round capacity, but I easily could load 8 and went through several magazines that way. I've seen this advertised as 8+1 in a couple of places so I emailed Ruger and their response was that loading 8 rounds could cause feeding issues which was interesting. View attachment 444480

If you don't mind me asking how much was it?

81771AF8-81F4-40A8-9754-24E2A4658F1B.jpeg I ordered a few Wilson Combat 8 round mags and was able to get to the range today to try them out. 100 rounds of 124gr blazer brass and 50 rounds of Federal 147gr HST with no problems. The mag on the left is Ruger. The one on the right and the one in the pistol are both Wilson. I'm gaining an extra round for an extra 1/16". The Wilson sticks out a little more in the front but it doesn't affect my grip.

Last Edited:
View attachment 448363 I ordered a few Wilson Combat 8 round mags and was able to get to the range today to try them out. 100 rounds of 124gr blazer brass and 50 rounds of Federal 147gr HST with no problems. The mag on the left is Ruger. The one and the right and the one in the pistol are both Wilson. I'm gaining an extra round for an extra 1/16". The Wilson sticks out a little more in the front but it doesn't affect my grip.

This gun so do damn sweet looking!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads