JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have confidence they will improve the quality of the Marlin line. I see the are advertising micro groove rifling for the 336. I hope they use ballard (cut) rifling in the 1895 line. I would actually prefer the used cut rifling in the entire line up vs micro groove except for maybe 22 lr.
Or offer the option of going either way. I like options.

The Marlin "brand" certainly has staying power - especially when backed by a large, financially solvent corporation. Levers are once again in vogue and for $28 million (seems a lot, but might not be), Ruger clearly has taken the long view in resurrecting the name.

I would guess that the first order of things is to repair or replace all of the probably decades old, worn out Marlin tooling - fixing what Remington did - and adapt the small parts to Ruger's methods. Will they maintain the forgings? We will certainly see both changes and "sames."

And, while a hunting season roll out would be nice, the last thing you want is teething problems. That stain never goes away.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top