JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there, just started up here and had a question for ya'll. I currently have a Ruger New Vaquero Special Edition, model number 5117, blued(looks black) with white handles, .45lc. Does anyone know what these are actually worth? It was a gift, and I'm considering selling it to buy another handgun. Also, is it possible to buy a .45acp cylinder for it? I asked at my local gunshop and they said it wouldn't work, but I swear I've seen interchangable cylinders. Thank you for your help!

I agree, $450 sounds about right. The various distributor editions don't usually command much premium; they weren't usually substantially different or in rare enough numbers to warrant that. That model was attractive, however.

Six years ago I bought a used New Vaquero and I paid about $350. It has color case bluing and I think it is a great looking gun. I don't know if I would want to "hot load" this gun. It already tries to jump over the back of your head. I think for it's intended purpose it is one of my favorite guns. It is not the gun I enjoy shooting much, for that I shoot my GP100, and I'm sure I could hot load that. I can see the Vaquero as less valuable because of limitations, but it is still a fairly popular gun.

The new ones are up to $699 but the used ones get around $400 around here.
Only you can tell if it's a good deal,because you know how much you like the Vaquero and how much you want the SR40
The retail new is lower on the SR40 by $175. Maybe get $100 out of him?

the New models are just about as popular with us cowboy shooters as the old models,so the value stays right up there on them.We don't shoot hot loads,we want the tank-like durabilty of them. the 699.00 price someone quoted is quite a bit higher than my lgs sells them for,but they are still at LEAST 550.00 new.
You might contact Ruger and see if they ever made second cylinders for them.I've always thought that the extra 'jump' to the barrel would be detrimental to accuracy,but then I'm told I"ve been wrong before...just ask the wife.! :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top