JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, you guys are going to think I am crazy, psychotic or something after this - I was messing around with my 'new' Blackhawk tonight and after an oil wipedown and inspection it is quite obvious it has never been fired, and there is not even the slightest scratch or imperfection in the finish. I ran the ser # and it appears to have been made between 1978-79. For all intents and purposes this gun is like new - and now I am even questioning shooting it. Ok, beat me up, harass me whatever but maybe I should have looked for something with a few 'beauty marks' - Or should I just load 'er up and blaze away? I am horizontal on the couch and am awaiting my 'therapy'!

Shoot it. Its a New Model. I have a 'new' NM .41 BH (c.1984). It is in near-new condition and gets treated well, but it is not what I would consider a 'collectible'. OTOH, against all logic I really, really want a mint OM .41. (Edit: Old Models carry a premium. Even though you need to reduce your firepower by 16.6% to carry it safely in a loaded condition, the four cocking clicks makes the tradeoff worthwhile to collectors :) . )

Keith

Thanks - this is not the first time I had to deal with this same issue - the last was a couple years back when I found a nice 1968 Buffalo Bill commemorative Winchester - But it had been fired at least twice as a box of Montgomery Wards ammo from the same year came with it with two missing and the rifle had no box or paperwork, so I planned on it as a 'shooter' (and and accurate one it is). This for some reason is a little different but as you said it is a NM and not a collectable so it will probably get de-virginized on my way home from work tomorrow at the Sunriver gravel pit.

Shoot it. Its a New Model.
Old Models carry a premium. Even though you need to reduce your firepower by 16.6% to carry it safely in a loaded condition
Yeah, Five beans in the Wheel with an old model... You could send it in and get it "fixed", but I don't mind. I think I kinda like all those clicks, plus the traditional way of loading it.
And those 5 beans are stompers!

Congrats to the OP for caving in and bringing it home!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top