JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great gun. Will take out all that you can dish. Could probably use a trigger job, since most of the factory triggers are a bit rough and creepy.

well,they are built like tanks,will take very stout loads and not fall apart.Usually quite accurate,and they do make scope mounts for the longer barreled ones if wanted.
I don't like them because as you load it,if u go past the 'click',you've gone too far for the round to drop into the cylinder.Ruger goofed up there.
that caliber is kind of a niche' caliber,not real popular so I imagine that factory ammo is real spendy.Affordable as any if you load your own ammo.

thanks for saying nice things about my gun because alot of people in long firearms werent to nice about it i am trying to sell my pistol and they didnt like the price i put in.

Scope mounts can be installed on any length barrel Blackhawk. Some, like the B-Square don't require that the gun be drilled and tapped.
One benefit to the New Model Blackhawk is that it can be safely carried with all 6 chambers loaded. I used to have one in .41 mag and really liked it. I now have an Old Model that I like even better! But, it's a 5 shooter, cuz you can't safely carry it with the hammer down on a loaded chamber.
The .41 Mag is fairly expensive to shoot if you don't reload. It is far more like the 44 mag than anything else. When you consider that the 41 is actually a 41 caliber and the 44 is a 43 caliber (.410" for the 41 vs .429" for the 44) there really isn't much difference. The 44 mag will more than hold it's own ballistically against the 44 until the 44 is shooting a very heavy (300gr-ish) bullet.
It's a stomper, for sure!

Throck Morton i am asking $575 i am not sure the true age of my gun but it may be between 15 to 25 yrs old i am second owner bought from a gun store in nassua county around 15 yrs ago.

it is right at 25 years old.New models don't bring the premium prices ,as they age,that the older 3 screw,or flat tops do. I browse a lot of gun shops and gun sites,so in my opinion...and I"m no expert mind you..it 'probablly is not a 575.00 gun.
but who knows,you might sell it tomorrow for that,and I'd have egg on my face.woldn't be the 1st time,LOL.

Just above the trigger, going crosswise thru the frame, you'll find 3 screws in the older Blackhawks, replaced by the "New Model Blackhawk", which also has the transfer bar under the hammer.

ok i hope this helps
102_2264.jpg

need more light on the pic for me to see anything,and maybe post 2 or3 pics? thanks!

the 1st guns were later nicknamed flat tops when the second series came out with 'ears' protecting the rear sigh,like on ur gun.
so;
we have flat tops,the most desirable to Ruger fans ... no ears around the rear sight,3 screws on the side of the frame.

we have "3 screw" or "ramp top" when they changed the rear sight by adding ears around it.

then we have 'new models' with pins instead of s screws in the side of the frame holding the innards in place,and on new models the loading gate is also the cylinder release latch,, they also etained the ears around the rear sight.And added the transfer bar system that Ruger lovers hate..most of us do anyway.

Throckmorton is right about the order that Blackhawks are categorized, but there aren't any Flattop .41 Mags as that style of frame was abandoned before the .41 Mag was released in 1964 or 65.
If the gun says "New Model Blackhawk" on the frame it will have two pins visible on either side of the frame, where the "old model" will have three screw heads visible on the right side (the side with the loading gate). The "old model" will only say Ruger Blackhawk, as Ruger didn't call them "old model". That term is used now to differentiate them from the New Model. Also, the old models have 4 distinct clicks that can be heard as the hammer is pulled back. The New Model can only have the loading gate opened when the hammer is at rest, not when it's cocked.
Also, $575 is a lot of money for a New Model Ruger. If it has the box, manual and has not been fired it may bring that kind of money to a Ruger collector. Other than that, it's probably around a $300-$350 gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top