Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger Model 96

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jordanka16, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

I have a Ruger Model 96 in .22 lr and i'm wondering what it's worth. It is in excellent condition with only a couple worn spots on the reciever and a small ding on the stock. The bore is like a mirror. It was made in 1998 and i've had it since about 2003. If you guys need pictures I can post some, but my camera shoots really crappy close-ups.

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

$275.00-300.00

3. NoHair

NoHair Troutdale OR Member

I would say that you could do $350 +. A lot of people don't know about these and once they find out about them they want one. They make a GREAT suppressor host since they take 10/22 mags and are a lever gun.
    I paid $425 for a NIB on about a year ago off GB.
    Since Ruger does not make them in .22LR - still do in .17 and .22Mag- anymore they are sorta sought after by suppressor owners.
    And yes, they are really fun with a suppressor on them.
    NoHair

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Pics or it didn't happen.

5. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

nohair , your about as right as they get-its kinda like telling someone where your blackberry patch is-i bought the 96/22 mag, about a year ago NIB for 349.00, two days after i bought it, you couldn't touch one for under 500.this is really one of the funnest, and most accurate guns i own. i find that in between shots there is something to do, like a pump-i just don't understand why some of the gun companys don't read these forums, and really i can't see anyway someone could bubu this thing out-just my 2 cnts,steven

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

nohair , i almost forgot ,the 96 anything was discontinued in late 2007,sorry,steven