Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Model 96

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jordanka16, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

I have a Ruger Model 96 in .22 lr and i'm wondering what it's worth. It is in excellent condition with only a couple worn spots on the reciever and a small ding on the stock. The bore is like a mirror. It was made in 1998 and i've had it since about 2003. If you guys need pictures I can post some, but my camera shoots really crappy close-ups.

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

$275.00-300.00

3. NoHair

NoHair Troutdale OR Member

I would say that you could do $350 +. A lot of people don't know about these and once they find out about them they want one. They make a GREAT suppressor host since they take 10/22 mags and are a lever gun.
    I paid $425 for a NIB on about a year ago off GB.
    Since Ruger does not make them in .22LR - still do in .17 and .22Mag- anymore they are sorta sought after by suppressor owners.
    And yes, they are really fun with a suppressor on them.
    NoHair

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Pics or it didn't happen.

5. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

nohair , your about as right as they get-its kinda like telling someone where your blackberry patch is-i bought the 96/22 mag, about a year ago NIB for 349.00, two days after i bought it, you couldn't touch one for under 500.this is really one of the funnest, and most accurate guns i own. i find that in between shots there is something to do, like a pump-i just don't understand why some of the gun companys don't read these forums, and really i can't see anyway someone could bubu this thing out-just my 2 cnts,steven

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

nohair , i almost forgot ,the 96 anything was discontinued in late 2007,sorry,steven