JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a mkII off another user here (said he had no problems with the pistol but it's having quite a major issue). Took it out without cleaning and the bolt doesn't always return to battery to reset the trigger. It feels like it may be getting caught on the trigger (?) because sometimes when I pull the trigger, the bolt will finish the travel forward.

This is with or without ammo.

Does it still after a good cleaning and lube job, any ideas?

RugerII1of3.jpg
RugerII2of3.jpg
RugerII3of3.jpg

I see it's been covered but it sounded to as tho someone had messed with the internals
I have this same make and model and have never had one problem with it . 22yrs
I hope you can resolve the issue .

Don't know if this has anything to do with your situation, but just wanted to chime in and share this web site.

<broken link removed>

My dad just ordered a kit and will install it when it comes in.
Best of luck resolving your Ruger issues!

yup sounds like the disconector is binding/ bent or gunk is under that plunger slash spring to reset trigger....had this happen once but worked fine after I cleaned it thouroghly ie had to remove trigger etc. hope thats all yours need......Also I shot the barrel out of a competiton mk II rifling litterly started peeling up cutting a swath down the bullet sent it back to ruger and they charged me $25 to send back to me as far as i am concerned with a brand new barrel.

yup sounds like the disconector is binding/ bent or gunk is under that plunger slash spring to reset trigger....had this happen once but worked fine after I cleaned it thouroghly ie had to remove trigger etc. hope thats all yours need......Also I shot the barrel out of a competiton mk II rifling litterly started peeling up cutting a swath down the bullet sent it back to ruger and they charged me $25 to send back to me as far as i am concerned with a brand new barrel.

I appreciate this. Do you know a good teardown guide for the trigger/etc?

Ruger is reasonable for repairs. I recently sent a inherited Ruger Standard to them for some fixin'. They charge a $35.00 flat fee plus $30.00 shipping. Parts were inexpensive.
Ejector & Rivet $4.50
Extractor, Plunger & Spring $6.00
Firing Pin & Stop $5.50
Mag Latch Spring & Pin $4.00
Rebound Spring & Support $4.00
Recoil Spring Assembly $7.50
Safety, Complete $7.25
Parts Total $38.75
Shoots like a brand new pistol now.

Save yourself time. SELL THE RUGER!! Had two(ruger MKII government target and Mark I) and sold them because they are a royal PAIN IN THE A$$ to tear down and put back together. I see these videos of guys tearing them down and back together in 30 seconds, I call BS! Seems like some smooth video editing!
I bought conversion kits for my Glock and Kimber and I am far happier now. Looking for a nice Browning buckmark now.
As for me, the ruger MK anything days are DEAD AND GONE!

I am sure I am gonna hear a ton of flack but let it rain!

I'll do the raining.

The Ruger is only tough a few times and then it gets easier, I've had mine all the way down, honed the sear, removed the mag safety (Mk III) and the loaded chamber indicator, lightened the main spring and generally made a first rate target pistol out of one that was sold as a target pistol (but it's a lot better now). The only pistol I'd allow myself to be buffaloed by would be the Colt 1903, I've just read too many stories by too many gunsmiths about how hard they are to get back together after a detail strip. but that Ruger is easy once you know how, and I couldn't live with myself if I couldn't master it. Watch the videos on youtube a few times, learn the drill and feel good about it and yourself.