JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pinkhamr - that is gorgeous! I'd still recommend putting in the trigger/sear/hammer upgrade, or at least the sear and then "stone" the other parts to smooth them out. The advantage of the trigger is the travel adjustments, which it doesn't look like you have now.

Beautiful gun.

Well, this thread just cost me $90! I have a MkII Volquartsen kit in my MkIII 22/45 and a home made spacer for eliminating the mag safety. Been shooting it this way for the past few years. That speed strip kit looks pretty slick so i have one on the way along with a extended mag release. I'll have a MkII Volquartsen hammer available if anyone wants one.

2245001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the speed strip kit....yet another thing to consider in the long term.

The MKIII is certainly a very nice looking piece of equipment....and it's fun to shoot too...what more could you ask for? All these add on's just make it even more fun.

I stopped by The Gunbroker in Clackamas Friday and found a like-new Mark II Target with the 5.5 inch bull barrel with the original box and two mags for $249. They just overnight it to Tim McDermott and I pick it up on Tuesday. Pretty slick.
Thanks to all for the excuse to buy another gun!!! LOL!
regards,
Guitarguy

Spent some time this morning at the range sighting in the MKIII as well as testing out some new loads for the 9mm...so a productive session.

Firstly...it's a bit finicky sighting in the Deltapoint. It's not that easy to work out how much adjustment is required.....took me a while to sort it out. The fine adjustments with a hex wrench was a little imprecise. That said, once I was more or less on point...it was pretty cool! Still got a little final adjustments to do, but I was running out of time.

I did chase a few pieces of clay targets around the backdrop with astonishing results and was certainly able to get rounds on target 'very' reliably....tomorrow, back out there for a final adjustment, as I am not fully centered, and then some real serious shooting!

The trigger mod....phew! Amazing difference. almost no pre-travel now, almost no post travel and a very clean break. Pfwap Pfwap Pfwap...ooh Look! I made a ragged hole :)

Crosshairs - good report, thanks, and we all "knew" you'd like that trigger upgrade.

My concern on the Holo sight has been, and remains, what your experience is. Getting it dialed in with those doggone hex adjustments is difficult, and that seems to be the method that all of them require. I've also seen many that won't hold a zero reliably between trips to the range, although I would doubt that would be an issue with the Delta.

I was at TCGC yesterday and enjoyed the indoor range myself.

Well, i got back to the range yesterday and finished up sighting in. I've got it dialled in now.

Already put 1600 rounds down the barrel since i picked up the MKIII and i have to say, i'm really liking it, alot. Its definately accurate!

Have you narrowed down the type of ammo it likes best?

I know what it does 'not' like, and thats remington golden bullets. So far Federal(both the champion and regular) work great. American eagle are the same. Thunderbolts likewise. Yellow jackets seemed good too. Basically its eating most things. I'll have to run a more conclusive test at some point i guess.

Crosshairs, I have the identical pistol but with black rubber grips. I used to own a Belgian Browning Challenger for a long time, but it was finicky about handling certain ammo. I like the stainless MkIII better. It's nuclear war proof. I have a Red Dot on mine and that makes it perfect for coon hunting. When a coon is treed at night it can be a real juggling act trying to illuminate the tree, the coon, and a set of open sights, but with the Red Dot you just put the dot between the glowing eyes and squeeze.

I shot indoor target for a long time and as far as ammo goes, I've always gotten more accuracy with standard velocity loads. After that it's just a matter of whose ammo is manufactured to tighter tolerances. I haven't really played with which current mfr this pistol likes. If I were getting back into indoor target competition I'd certainly do the trigger mods.

Just for grins I took the MkIII to the 100 yard range when I sighted in my deer rifle. I found that from a bench rest, if I held the dot on the top edge of the paper I could get about 3" groups dead center on the target. Nice to know.

Yup, what ZigZagZeke said. You can be amazed what a quality target .22 pistol, properly set up, can do at various ranges. That's why Ruger's and S&W 41's are some of the most common on Bullseye ranges.

I agree with the SV ammo. Find the CCI SV if you can - it's about $2.50 per 50 in the paper boxes or $7 per hundred in the plastic box. I buy the paper box by the case, 5k rounds, and it ends up at $2.35 per 50. Better performance can be had with Target grades of ammo, but the price goes up substantially so unless you are shooting simply for maximum accuracy, CCI SV is the way to go. I've also had surprising results with CCI Blazer! From there the performance goes down with the currently available choices of Federal Bulk, American Eagle, etc. Even Fed Match does not shoot as well and yet costs much more. I hear good reports on Aguila SV but have not tried that myself.

Just my experiences and yours may vary with your gun.

Enjoy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads