JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ruger Mini-14 Target Stainless. 580-series Mini, factory Hogue Overmolded stock, factory Harmonic dampener, factory 5 round magazine, stainless Nikon ProStaff 3x9x40 variable scope, scope covers, DoskoSport Hybrid semi-ridgid soft rifle case, manual. Nearly new condition. Face to face or through FFL. If FTF will need to see Washington CPL or Washington driver's license and each party walks away with a filled out Bill of Sale. New price: $700.

I saw one today and was very tempted, but I didn't see the Harmonic dampener. Is this an add on part? What fuction does it accomplish? Thanks.

It's a factory harmonic dampener, you'll see it on Ruger's site here:

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/mini14TargetRifleHogue/index.html

It's used to 'tune' the rifle barrel for maximum accuracy, the idea being that you can adjust the dampener along the threads until the effect of barrel vibrations are minimized, then you lock the dampener to that position.

The barrel is also a heavy duty factory Target barrel - the rifle is exactly as shown on the Ruger site I linked, with the exception of the Nikon scope (which is included in the deal).

Thanks for the info, I guess the Mini I was fondling was just a regular one :(. It had a #580 on the receiver just didn't have the dampener.

Last post before it goes on GunBroker.

This model seems to run about $850 new on GunsAmerica, the scope is about $125 new online, and the case about $70 or so. So, around $1,000 or so to replace new, not counting shipping and/or FFL fees and/or sales tax.

I was going to post this on GunBroker but got busy with all the usual Christmas turmoil. The plan now is to list it after the first of the year.

So, this good deal is still available here until then.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.