JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since 1949 and the very first Ruger Semiautomatic pistol was advertised in the American Rifleman magazine, the Ruger factory has been installing the same style "die stamped" extractor, in every Mark pistol sold, until today. I've lost track of how many of the factory extractors I've replaced over the 50 years that I've been seeing Ruger Mark pistols cross my bench:

VTp1Nbsl.jpg

It's interesting to see just how many aftermarket producers have gone to the lengths of producing and selling replacement extractors for these pistols, unless owners are not aware of how really important this tiny piece of metal really is. At last count, I have no less than SIX aftermarket extractors where I've tested three of each brand in several Ruger Mark pistols to get my experience as to what improvement, if any, these extractors offer.
My testing has been interesting and of all the extractors I did test, not one of those have had the bottom side of the extractor fraught with jagged, sharp edges of metal from the stamping die. These edges are quick to accumulate gunk over a short period of time and the sharp edges will rub in the extractor groove in the bolt and hinder full exercise of the extractor. Stove-pipe spent cases become common.
It's amazing how a $3.00 part can keep a very nice pistol from performing to its best potential.

I just put a new extractor in my mark III today , old one looked pretty hammered.
had a couple of kidd extractors laying around, wish I could find them for $3.00

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top