JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So slightly off topic…. These will change your world if you don't already have one for your Ruger MK:

McFadden Machine Ultimate Cliploader UCL22 Ruger Pistol 50 Round Magazine Speed Loader - Green https://a.co/d/hmuzTRi

Once you dial it in and use a short spray of REM oil in the hopper like it tells you to and it does literally take me about 30 seconds to load 6 10 round mags.

C233D61B-14B5-4A38-8CCF-729B98B13412.png

A little slightly more off topic.

I have a couple of these and just picked one up for my bro. I like them way better the the TK or similar style. Available in black or silver.

So slightly off topic…. These will change your world if you don't already have one for your Ruger MK:

McFadden Machine Ultimate Cliploader UCL22 Ruger Pistol 50 Round Magazine Speed Loader - Green https://a.co/d/hmuzTRi

Once you dial it in and use a short spray of REM oil in the hopper like it tells you to and it does literally take me about 30 seconds to load 6 10 round mags.

View attachment 1360857
I don't know how the hell I had never seen one of these since it looks like its been around a hell of a long time. There is one from Amazon for me now. Since I shoot at least one of my MK's every range trip this thing looks great. Still can't believe I had never heard or or seen one. Thank you Joe13 for posting that!

As Joe13 stated the McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader for the Ruger MK pistol works fantastic. I've had one for years. Has an adjustment screw so the mag will load all 10 rounds properly. Once adjusted it's good to go. As he said a spray of REM oil or silicone every so often and this thing loads mags FAST.

Only issue is talk about going through ammo fast. Great product. I also have their Lightning Grip Loader thats good for several different rimfire platforms. it's One loader that you can purchase different adapters for different makes of magazines. Not as fast as the MK loaded but works great also. Here's their site. http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Machine-Ultimate-cliploader-s/1827.htm

As Joe13 stated the McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader for the Ruger MK pistol works fantastic. I've had one for years. Has an adjustment screw so the mag will load all 10 rounds properly. Once adjusted it's good to go. As he said a spray of REM oil or silicone every so often and this thing loads mags FAST.

Only issue is talk about going through ammo fast. Great product. I also have their Lightning Grip Loader thats good for several different rimfire platforms. it's One loader that you can purchase different adapters for different makes of magazines. Not as fast as the MK loaded but works great also. Here's their site. http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Machine-Ultimate-cliploader-s/1827.htm
additionally if you have access to a 3D printer you can print plus 1 base plates that stick out from the bottom of the grip making seating the mag easier. the speed loader requires a longer screw to get that last round seated right though.

View attachment 1360857
That device looks awesome! I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. Thank you!

Late to the party, but since my Ruger Mark IV Lite is for speed steel, I like a LARGE dot. Particularly the Circle Dot like Holosun and Eotech. It's a 32 moa Circle around a 2 MOA dot. Makes for acquiring the target very fast. That or a 6 MOA dot would do fine. I'm not a fan of small MOA since you won't be shooting 100 yard targets, heck if you shoot 50 that's stretching it. If it were me and you wanted the $300 range, a Holosun is the way to go.

However, I went with a local (Oregon Made) brand. ADE's RD3-015 PRO was perfect for me. It's 30% larger than standard pistol sized dots (meaning more glass). It means it's not tiny like carry micro dots, but not huge like the rifle dots. Best part, they're also affordable. ADE makes a TON of red dots, you can email them direct and ask for a recommendation too. It's how I found the model I was looking for.

I think this is their direct site (used it to contact them with questions). Bought on Amazon so I could return if I hated it (used prime listing): https://adeadvancedoptics.com/red-dot-sights/

Also one more tip. Whatever choice you go with, make sure the battery compartment is on TOP and not underneath. Many pistol red dots require removal to change the battery. I hate that, means I need to re-zero. It's just a personal preference for me. However, the quality dots have massive battery life so it's less of an issue if you get a good dot (and use good batteries).

Last Edited:
Is it possible to put a red dot on 22/45 bull barrel? I tried google searching but only seem to find a mounting plate for mk4 standard, no 22/45 bull barrel plate.

Is it possible to put a red dot on 22/45 bull barrel? I tried google searching but only seem to find a mounting plate for mk4 standard, no 22/45 bull barrel plate.
Yes, I had the 22/45 bull Barrel before selling it and getting the lite. Tandemkross sells a rail that works for it, similar to the lite and tactical.

My mark IV 22/45 bull barrel had three embedded placeholder screws that are flush to the barrel top, you remove those and put the tandemkoss one in. I also believe there's other rails out there, I just went with the tandemkross

Are you talking about one drilled and tapped or one of the early one pre drill and tap from the factory? If one of old ones they used to make a mount that clamped to the receiver called SoLow. Some also made one that fit in the dovetail for the rear sight. Had one of the SoLow LONG ago for Wife's 22/45 Bull Barrel. It certainly did work. When I first put it on I was shocked at the dime size groups I could get from a rest with it. Made me see that it was not the pistols fault when my groups got big :s0140:

Are you talking about one drilled and tapped or one of the early one pre drill and tap from the factory? If one of old ones they used to make a mount that clamped to the receiver called SoLow. Some also made one that fit in the dovetail for the rear sight. Had one of the SoLow LONG ago for Wife's 22/45 Bull Barrel. It certainly did work. When I first put it on I was shocked at the dime size groups I could get from a rest with it. Made me see that it was not the pistols fault when my groups got big :s0140:
Good point. Mine was a 22/45 mark iv, about 3 years old. It had 3 pre drilled holes on top of the barrel with flush screws inside to fill the holes, from the factory.

It's been a while, but I think this is the rail i got, allowed rear sights to remain intact. https://www.tandemkross.com/shadowpicatinnyrailforrugermkseries

It's brand new. I'll have to check tomorrow for tapped holes.

Thanks for responses.

It's brand new. I'll have to check tomorrow for tapped holes.

Thanks for responses.
Pretty sure it will have them then. They just put screws in the holes to protect them. There is a TON of choices after that now. Since I like to practice with irons I use one of the standard Ruger rails and bought some quick detach mounts. Keep a dot mounted to them so they can be swapped around different pistols and PCC's. Mounts are like a ten spot on Amazon and for the price seem amazingly well made. Dot seems to hold zero quite well moving it from one gun to another. I was not expecting them to work like that since they were so damn cheap.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top