JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which would you go with?

• Ruger Mark IV 22/45

• Ruger Mark IV Target

• Ruger Mark IV Lite

• S&W Victory

• Browning Buckmark

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now you get need to pickup some extra mags for it .

Actually ordering some now. Might as well get some for the 10/22 as well. And it picked up some hi viz front sights which I'll replace after my first time shooting probably.

Then the Halo ring, and then after a while maybe a rail and red dot. Way too much fun just thinking about it.

I ordered 4 more from grabagun. 6 it is (for now)! ;)

Also got to go zero it in, we sighted it in at 25 yards on a rest. I feel like i might have given it more distance than I should have, however got a good 4" grouping at 25 yards for 8 of the 10 shots.

What range do others sight their 22/45 at? Especially the bull barrel?

Btw, changing the front sight to the HiViz green optical works GREAT (looked at Douglas precision and Williams too, had heard those might even be better). It's much easier to target with a non black front.

I also ordered the Halo charging ring from Ruger, who gave me a 20% off, so it's actually cheaper than straight from Tandemkross, plus it's Ruger logo'd instead of TandemKross', makes it feel more stock.

Last Edited:
I saw the words, "S&W Victory" and thought there might be some discussion of .38 revolvers. Really, I had no idea there was a new product called SW22 Victory. Which is a semi-auto. So I looked at the pictures. I see there is quite an assortment of them including the fancy optics. Thanks for the education.

The jackasses are always recycling names, the bodyguard is another example. When I think bodyguard I picture a M49 nowadays there is the little .380 turd.

When I think bodyguard I picture a M49 nowadays there is the little .380 turd.

Since I was unaware of the .380 Bodyguard, that name will always be associated with Model 49 for me.

However, I will add that firms like to get as much value out of brand as they can. Model names in the US automobile industry have gotten recycled often enough.

In the early 2000's when Alan Mulally (Boeing Co.) took over at Ford, he didn't like that there was a model called The 500. He said, "Why not call it a Taurus? That name has lots more brand recognition." Or words to that effect. He didn't like the model name 500 because, as a non-car guy, he'd never heard of a Fairlane 500, which sold in the hundreds of thousands BEFORE the Taurus. So the new 500 was only made for one year, then rebranded (regurgitated) as a Taurus. If he'd been truly on top of the game, and maybe let the marketing gurus do what they sometimes do best, Mulally would've considered that the Taurus brand had gotten a little thread-bare and that for many people bringing the name up again wasn't necessarily a good thing.

In the early 2000's Ford also revived the Montego name for Mercury and the Zephyr brand for Lincoln. Mulally nixed both of those. The modern Montego (name originally used on some models 1968-70-something) became the Milano.

The following is a good one. The name Zephyr was first used on Lincolns from 1936-42. Then on the premier product in the English Ford line, 1950-72. Next on the Mercury Fox body platform (replaced the Comet) 1978-83. Mulally killed the Lincoln Zephyr name that was used again in 2006, I think rebranded as MKZ, something new that had no brand recognition whatsoever.

Then there is the Capri name in Ford history but another story.

Oh, to get back on topic, you could carry a gun in any of these cars.

Btw, changing the front sight to the HiViz green optical works GREAT (looked at Douglas precision and Williams too, had heard those might even be better). It's much easier to target with a non black front.

I also ordered the Halo charging ring from Ruger, who gave me a 20% off, so it's actually cheaper than straight from Tandemkross, plus it's Ruger logo'd instead of TandemKross', makes it feel more stock.

The Dawson Precision FO front sight is far superior to it's competitors IMO. Upgrade to one when your funds allow, you won't be disappointed...

Thanks, I agree the Hunter is a gorgeous pistol. Just concerned the 44+oz might be a bit much for younger folks or my kids. What is your take on the 22/45 grip vs the target angled grip?
I've got the hunter, she's heavy. With the Volquartzen kit, the trigger pull is around 1.5#. I can sit there and unload a magazine with zero recoil.

The DP FO sight is a lot more refined. More refined sight picture. More crisp if you will. I also have a couple DP sight sets on my M&P's so I might be just a tad biased.lol

The Dawson Precision front sight comes in a LOT of different sizes. I'm not sure which one fits the 22/45 with bull barrel (not light, tactical, hunter, or target). Also the differing widths of the optic, not sure what size my HiViz is, but just want it to pop. Width varies from .09, .100, & .125? Any tips? I know they vary from lite/tactical, and target too.

Also, ramped or flat? I thought I liked ramped, but flat seems like it might be more direct?

1597706039082.png

Last Edited: