JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They also offered a "Special Target" Model that had a bull barrel! Those are supposed to be quite rare, I have never seen one! My Original shoots just as good as my Army High standard HD, that is saying something!

They also offered a "Special Target" Model that had a bull barrel! Those are supposed to be quite rare, I have never seen one! My Original shoots just as good as my Army High standard HD, that is saying something!
Not sure if they are rare as far as numbers but to see one for sale sure is. Heck all those standard models hardly ever come up at shows. Or they sell real quick.

Not sure if they are rare as far as numbers but to see one for sale sure is. Heck all those standard models hardly ever come up at shows. Or they sell real quick.

I had not paid much attention to these for a long while. Taking a quick look at my favorite auction site it is amazing. Many of the old Standard (what many of us refer to as MKI) for sale. The prices are the same or more than what you can get a NIB MKII or MKIII. Some older ones are in such bad shape they make that old beat up one of mine look good. Yet asking at least, some good money for them.

I need to just quit the forum. I am constantly coming up with things I had no idea I needed.

I have half a dozen .22 pistols including a MKII. I probably shoot the ones I have no more than once or twice a year and all of a sudden I learn I just have to have a $700 .22 pistol? You guys suck.:D

I need to just quit the forum. I am constantly coming up with things I had no idea I needed.

I have half a dozen .22 pistols including a MKII. I probably shoot the ones I have no more than once or twice a year and all of a sudden I learn I just have to have a $700 .22 pistol? You guys suck.:D
ROTFLOL!!
I feel like that every time I walk into a shop that has a good selection. Since I am a big 1911 fan boy that is of course always where I find myself first. "need another" like another hole somewhere but the sales people always see that look on my face. Start thinking maybe a sale.
When it comes to .22's it's only slightly less. First time I saw the newer Victory I really wanted one. Have no idea why. I guess just because it was something new. I have to say though that after MANY years of marriage I am finally rubbing off on the Wife. She is going to buy an SR22 next week. Even (surprised hell out of me) is springing for the threaded barrel. Now is taking about buying a can for the 2 we have that have the ability. That one really shocked me. Told the kids a few times. When we die you can sell all this stuff and do what you want. for now we are going to have some fun. :)

I shot my mark IV today, and found the ambi safety lever rubbing and partially engaging on the web of my hand, and the trigger is heavy enough to need an upgrade for
target use. Otherwise, it ran very well with only one stoppage, that was most likely ammo related. The hammer looks to be MIM, so I'm not sure what can be done with it.
Update: Volquartsen says they are working on parts for the Mark IV, hopefully they appear soon. I installed the included washer in place of the RH safety, and I'm thinking about swapping to a Mark III grip on the RH side, but I think I would have to notch it out slightly at the top.

Last Edited:
So I have to ask y'all who say they have a "mark 1"
Does it actually have that stamped on the gun?
Now go check,cause my understanding is they made very few "mark 1"s. Most were just a Ruger 22.
I know most call their early rugers "mark 1"s but that's not necessarily so.

Ruger standard on mine

Grandpa bought a Ruger standard and s&w 39-2 9mm.

Started shooting both (and a crossman BB gun) at age 4 and the two pistols were all I got as an inheritance (all his woodworking tools went to step kids).

Still have the guns and boxes and still take them shooting.

The Ruger is and has always been a tack driver.

Comes with a ton of memories of one of my favorite relatives, even if he wasn't blood, and the guy that fueled my love of firearms and shooting.

That's why I stay out of the what firearm goodies did you buy thread:confused:

Damn You guys, The Wife and I just picked up a Pair of MK-4 target Pistols! Our local G.S. had a smokin deal on them and also had plenty of mags. Got 4 extra mags for each! Can't wait to try them out and see how they run! Wife is all ready looking to have hers "customized" with some Grips!!! We Stripped them down as soon as we got them home, and Guess what, They go back together like a Dream! Look to be a very fine made Pistol with very good quality fit and finish every where! Nice balance and a good weight in just the right place! I can see this new Ruger really raises the bar higher then that of the MK-2 which many of us believe was Ruger's Finest!

Just as a follow up...

I ended up with a MK3 Hunter.

Swapped the grip out and added a Volquestern accurizing kit with the magazine disconnect bushing.

I absolutely love it but do not like the sights much.

I'll be adding a red dot to it at some point but it is a lot of fun to shoot and has maybe a 1.5 to 2lb trigger with almost no takeup or letoff for reset.

I can burn thru the ammo with it now that I have a speed loader lol.

IMG_3035.JPG

Rail with a Vortex Venom is a good setup.
Are you able to use the stock sights?
I'm currently waiting for mine to get beyond I-1639 delay, then home will come The Davidsons Exclusive.
Holosun has sort of had my attention with the 507c/green, but I'm still open to others to consider as well

No, the mount and optic will sit to high. At least in my case anyway....ymmv
Roger that. I was looking at the rail, thinking/wondering, if there was a different mounting option, similar to how these small sights are mounted on the slides.
I haven't researched what I mention yet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top