JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember Ruger's MSRP's are way over what the gun will actually sell for. For instance, the SR1911 MSRP is $939 but it can be bought for less than $700. If people would just wait until the initial price-gouging is over, they would save themselves a lot of money. I would expect the Mark IV to sell for something less than $600 once the new-gun panic is over.

I think I would consider selling my MKIII target to buy one of the new ones. I really like my MKIII, but that takedown improvement is worth the change.

Nice.

But I still prefer the Buckmark.

With the Ruger, from what I understand, if I want to change the barrel out to something else (e.g., TacSol), I have to buy a new "action" since the upper is the serialized portion of the handgun. Also, doing so is more expensive by about $100.

You know they will!
I figured the 22/45 series had become the more popular models, which is why I'm a little confused they went backwards with the grip style.

I feel like they went two steps forward with the takedown then one back ward with the older style grip frame.

I know there are a lot of older style grip frames out there, but once the 1911 style became available the older ones went to the way side.

I figured that was because of popularity.

I already own mags for the 22/45 grip frame. So this isn't on the radar to be purchased in my future. If they were to have started with a 22/45 frame, then yes, I would have totally jumped on it.

Personally like the old style grips but I grew up with it.

Something to ponder... used mark 3's will go way down in value as will the mark 2's IMO.

Maybe, maybe not. I suspect there will be many out there that will prefer the 'older' models, for a variety of reasons. I don't think it necessarily follows that a new design will have to crush interest in the old design. Funny thing with gun owners, they tend to be a bit nostalgic about older guns. Not only that, I don't doubt that there will be a number that will wish to have the entire collection for themselves, from Gen 1 to Gen IV. But I only need one, so I'll probably plan to sell the MK III to help pay for a MK IV. I may have to work on timing that just right ;)

Not that excited.
You really don't need to take down the pistol but once every few years,if at all.
All you need to do is soak it for a bit after spraying it down,then let it drip. Taking it down more than that is just silly

If I didn't already have a MKIII Hunter I consider one for plinking.

The takedown is a nice update. However much like the venerable 10/22 these thing rarely if ever need to be taken apart for cleaning.
Simple bore brush and some Hoppes #9 on the bolt every once in awhile has been fine.

Please make this a "lite" version. Aluminum upper with a steel lower would be awesome. I wonder if companies like tacsol and volquartsen will make upper for this.

Id be pretty pretty surprised if they didn't. The mark guns have only had one complaint over all the years that it was made, "Its too complicated to disassemble". This version fixes that so I can't wait to own one.

I'll be lucky to get the Hunter model much less a high end Upper like a volquartsen:oops:.

I got an email a few weeks ago about Mark III Hunters on sale for $499 with free shipping. Good price, they were running about $585 last I looked. So I checked Northwest Armory's website and they had the same price, $499. I figured Ruger was having a sale. Didn't even suspect it may be a new Mark series pistol.

Anyway, the Mark III Hunter was on my want list for a long time. And I had some cash saved up but thought I should check on some other things on that list. I've wanted a Ruger Single Seven in .327 Federal Mag. since I first saw a review on one. They were not selling on Gunbroker last year so I figured I had plenty of time. When I went to buy one back before Christmas they were all gone! Guess I wasn't the only one wanting one. I emailed Lipsey's to see if there would be more. A week or so later they replied "Yes". A few months later they started showing up on Gunbroker - at close to $700. I waited, again.

I think I made the right choice. I didn't buy a Mark III Hunter, I bought a Single Seven and got a good price. And now the Mark IV replaces the III on the list. But.... if I had known about the Mark IV Hunter?????

Joe13, I bought a Ruger SR1911 right after they came out for $699. Christmas that year Sportsman's Warehouse had them on sale for $599! I later traded mine off.:oops: I haven't seen them near $700 since or I would have another. I don't think we will see a Christmas sale on the Mark IVs but possibly some time later. After that who knows where the price will be.

Don

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads