JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone hear about this or have info?

I grew up with the original and still have it and shoot it, but it was the first gun I shot at age 4 so I've been coveting one of the Mark 2's with the slab sided barrels for a long time.

I know there are mixed feelings on the Mark 3's so whas anything improved with the 4's? Or is there more plastic and less gun?

Not anywhere close to being able to buy anything but I'd like to someday and am interested in one of the newer models for plinking with something that doesn't have as much sentimental value to me.

I had no idea these where even coming out. Looks like a lot of great features. I had a Mark II twenty years ago and have always wanted to have another. Now I will have to get a Mark IV.

I have a buddy that field stripped his MKII one time & decided he'd just use a bore snake and never take it down again. :)

Pretty interesting that they updated the pistol to address just about every complaint about the MKIII except the mag disconnect, which isn't going anywhere these days & I'm sure will be able to be easily addressed. I'm looking forward to seeing how these do when they get into the hands of regular people.

Thanks Joe....now I have to add something else to the list :( Once I saw the easy takedown, I knew I would have to have one.

Oh, I will own that SS Hunter model as soon as I have a cash flow and can afford one. I'm sure they will be out to the public by then - I just hope Ruger pumps out enough of them that they aren't hard to find/order and that the price point is reasonable and not a $600 pistol.

I put the $87 Majestic Arms Speed Strip Kit in my MK3. Got the one with a match grade sear and hammer that reduced the trigger pull to a crisp 2.5lbs, removed the mag safety, and made the mags drop free. Take-down and installation is one Allen bolt easy. I felt like an idiot for having done this after seeing this new Mk4, but looking at the MSRP and realizing I'm only into mine about $400 makes me feel Ok about it. Good on Ruger for coming up with something attractive to compete with the SW Victory, a gun I think is heavy and has ugly grips.

Oh crap!

These things will have to take a big dip in price to be in any reasonable price range for me in the future - but guns seem to get cheaper the more that are out there, I can see getting them for $600 or less in the not too long future...

SS Hunter model:
  • Model: 40118
  • MSRP $769.00

Damn you Joe13 Now I really want one! I still have my MK-1 and MK-2's but now I see this, The rest can be retired! LOL on the take down, One of mine is a Bizh to strip and re assemble, the other practically does it it's self! Funny thing is they both will interchange parts, but the one is still a bugger and the other isn't no matter which part are in which:rolleyes: Price is a little steep, but I bet we see that come down some when enough of them are out! One can hope!

Damn you Joe13 Now I really want one! I still have my MK-1 and MK-2's but now I see this, The rest can be retired! LOL on the take down, One of mine is a Bizh to strip and re assemble, the other practically does it it's self! Funny thing is they both will interchange parts, but the one is still a bugger and the other isn't no matter which part are in which:rolleyes: Price is a little steep, but I bet we see that come down some when enough of them are out! One can hope!

Yea for sure;).

Still love my original my grandad bought for me to shoot starting at 4 but the older I get, the more I worry about it as it has enourmous sentamental value. Hell of a shooter still though - no bull barely or anything fancy.

I would really love to have one of the new ones and retire my first one to a safe queen status for special occasions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top