JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still have my MK-1 and Mk-2, plan to keep them forever! Didn't see any reasons for a MK-3, but this new MK-4 looks like the Shiznit, gonna order a pair ( one for the Wife unit) just as soon as my LGS can get his mitts on them!!!:):):)

I still have not shot the 22/45 Lite I bought 2 years ago ... but I do have more LR ammo on the way.....

I have one of those Wife bought me a couple years ago. It became my hands down favorite. Now I see Ruger has decided to quit making them. This really shocked me. Even a couple years ago when I was wanting one they were hard to find. Wife ended up having to order one from J&G. Unless Ruger decides to come out with a MKIV version of it I see the price on these going up later. Tempted to buy one more myself in case they (Ruger) don't start making them again.

Yes they are going to have a 22/45 Lite MK-IV I just saw a preview of it on Gunblast from post #42 in this thread.

IMG_1555.PNG

So I have to ask y'all who say they have a "mark 1"
Does it actually have that stamped on the gun?
Now go check,cause my understanding is they made very few "mark 1"s. Most were just a Ruger 22.
I know most call their early rugers "mark 1"s but that's not necessarily so.

So I have to ask y'all who say they have a "mark 1"
Does it actually have that stamped on the gun?
Now go check,cause my understanding is they made very few "mark 1"s. Most were just a Ruger 22.
I know most call their early rugers "mark 1"s but that's not necessarily so.
Mines a Mark nothing, I do sometimes refer to it as a Mark 1 though just to make sure people know it's the old one (No Red Eagle though) to my knowledge it has never been stripped down, but Grandad was a mechanic and tinkerer so maybe.

Mine is a MK nothing as well and lost it's factory grips long before I got it! The MK-2 I bought Bland new in 1984 and it's 100% un altered! Like posted above, I just refer to it as a MK-1 to differentiate it from others!

I've always wanted one of these pistols, but I ended up buying a couple of Standard models that are unfired mint in box collectibles, so I guess I'll never have to worry about taking it apart.

Mine is a MK nothing as well and lost it's factory grips long before I got it! The MK-2 I bought Bland new in 1984 and it's 100% un altered! Like posted above, I just refer to it as a MK-1 to differentiate it from others!

One of the "guns I wish I could have back" is an original Ruger 22. The old tapered barrel, fixed sights. Bought it WELL used as a kid. Shot the crap out of it. I mean it had to have barrels of .22 ammo run though it. someone talked me out of it long ago. It was still working like a champ. Would love still have it just for the nostalgia. I always refereed to it as a MKI. Don't remember it having any marking on it like that. Just that it was the original design.

I'm stoked for the new offerings personally. Might get me back into shooting .22lr again!
I finally learned to not sell mine, at least not all of them. Many times over the years I would sell them because I just got tired of shooting the .22. Every time I did it would not be long till I wanted one again. I still sell one now and then but learned to make sure I always have a few on hand. They are just too much cheap fun. They also work great for teaching someone new or someone who was taught wrong and can't get on paper.

Thanks,I was wondering cause I think I have seen only 1 actual "mark 1" at any shows or shops. Most being a "ruger 22",I believe the model is.
I wanted to know if there was a lot more out there than I was told
I got the lesson at a show when I asked the guy if it was a "mark 1"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top