JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Roger that. I was looking at the rail, thinking/wondering, if there was a different mounting option, similar to how these small sights are mounted on the slides.
I haven't researched what I mention yet.
Correct.

Even with the lowest EGW sight base, it's one or the other. They don't co-witness.

FC44D2D4-2DA8-4FDF-B058-F47836E27DCE.jpeg

I like mine high though because it's natural for me and then I can see over my cans.

Correct.

Even with the lowest EGW sight base, it's one or the other. They don't co-witness.

View attachment 604073

I like mine high though because it's natural for me and then I can see over my cans.
Thanks for the response. Looks like you removed the rail. Your Venom is mounted into the dovetail, is that pretty solid?
I'm not sure which way I'm going yet, on a red dot for mine. i have the HS510c-G Elite on my Banshee, and really like the green.
That green dot is pushing me towards the HS507c-G pretty hard.

While you still wouldn't be able to co/witness, these mounts eliminate the rail and get the red dot as close to the slide as possible. I've been trying to order a couple but just can't seem to stop blowing money on other gun "needs". Lol

I'm real happy with my HS510c-GR-Elite, so I just ordered the HOLOSUN HE507C-GR Elite, for the MK IV.
Dovetail mount is solid. So is the rail mount.

I'll end up swapping the rail mounted down to the dovetail mount once I order another for my other 22/45.

D1F0C362-871D-492E-AFE1-6DBB72705D42.jpeg

This is the page I thought I linked to. Lol

The Maddmac's has come down in price quite a bit since I got mine. I think I paid $80-90. It works great but that was too much money for what it is. Curious how much the EGW version is that @Dyjital mentioned?

I may have been overstepping, my posting the link. I just happen to be researching mounts and figured I'd post a link.
These pistols are new to me, yet, so I'm like a sponge gathering info. :s0114:

The early Ruger Autoloaders are VERY simple to reassemble. ALL you need to know is the right way of doing it. Ruger has never made it a secret. Just read the Instruction Manual!!!

The early Ruger Autoloaders are VERY simple to reassemble. ALL you need to know is the right way of doing it. Ruger has never made it a secret. Just read the Instruction Manual!!!

That maybe true but I don't think there is any denying that the MK IV is way easier.

I am sure that someone will deny it but I still think they are wrong. ;)

So about the same as the Maddmac's now. I think maybe the Maddmac's is a little better because it uses the dovetail and one of the pic rail mounting screws, if I remember correctly. Doesn't look like the EGW does but maybe that isn't the end of the world. ;)
EGW is dovetail only.

If Madmacs website was easier to navigate and honestly its a piece of bubblegum, I would have ordered their product that does use the first screw.

That maybe true but I don't think there is any denying that the MK IV is way easier.

I am sure that someone will deny it but I still think they are wrong. ;)
I have not had a chance to actually see one but they do look to be something Bill Sr. would approve of, if he were still around. He made sure that I knew the "Trick" and he was surprised that I already knew it. I learned it when I went through the Army Small Arms Repairman School at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland.

3rd times a fools experience, again.
s0137-on.gif
Optics Planet had the micro red dot I wanted -in-stock- for the MK IV. So I ordered one yesterday.
Today I get an email, and a phone call, and I was told it is Out Of Stock. They wanted to substitute the 510c-Gr-elite, but I told them it was too large for the application. I was told the sight was on back-order and then asked if I minded the wait. Uh, YES, I DO mind.
I told them to cancel the order, that I was done *trying* to do business them anymore.

Optics Planet---------->>> KICK ROCKS!!!
s0137-off.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads