JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,
I'm fairly new HERE, but by no means new to the family of Ruger Mark pistols. I've been delving DEEPLY into every style of Ruger Mark pistol that's ever been offered by that firm. I can't even remember how many of these pistols have crossed my bench that arrived by a frustrated owner who brought me a bag full of parts and a facial expression like his favorite parakeet just fell off its perch and landed in the poop below.
These pistols are REALLY not that bad to disassemble, work on, and then reassemble
The Ruger Mark III version is the one where I read the most about being a PITA. That doesn't need to continue to be that way. One of the main grievances is involved with that dang pesky magazine disconnect system. OK, lets scrap that attorney inflicted apparatus and get those Mark III pistols acting like the "World Famous" Ruger Mark II guns. Here is a picture of a Ruger Mark III that I searched for for almost two years. I finally found this one in upper Michigan at Williams Gun Sight Co.:

btoQU1Wl.jpg

This is now one of my most favorite Ruger Mark pistols, sorta rare in this barrel configuration, but now works as smooth as any Mark II I have and flawless in its function. This pistol has a filler in the left side of the receiver where the LCI used to reside. More about that in a minute. The magazine disco parts are now "sleeping with the fishes" in a local lake. I milled the base for the Burris Fast Fire III because nobody at the time offered a base for the Ruger pistols. With a new and improved hammer bushing the magazine disco parts now eliminate that "magazine in/magazine out" baloney, and the addition of a VC sear has the trigger pull measuring 2½ to 3 pounds. The modified Ruger trigger now has a 'steel' bushing pressed into the trigger pivot pin bore and also pre and over travel set screws to get the trigger set back to ready much quicker.
When the Ruger Mark III pistols first came out, there was such a flurry by Ruger to get these pistols out to distributors whereby too dang many corners were cut. While working on these pistols I found a multitude of internal sharp edges and burrs that I thought I might need a blood transfusion from all the blood loss I encountered. Still, once all those burrs were removed and all the internals were smoothed & polished, they all turned out to be peak performers with accuracy that emulated any other Ruger Mark out there. These are the sort of burrs and sharp edges that will collect all sorts of debis, and cut your fingers to ribbons when working on internals:

qOdJ83ol.jpg
ZvGQMQ0l.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top