JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an older Ruger MarkII pistol that I bought from a older gentlemen. I bought it complete with 2 clips, original card board box, but not the original paperwork. I appears to be from the late 1980's. The gun is in great shape, obviously well taken care of. I am considering purchasing a newer MK11 that i can put a red dot or some type of scope on as this gun does not have the screw holes to mount the rail to.

My question is this gun worth keeping original for collectors value or since there were so many of made and sold will there ever be a collectors value? I considered taking it to a well known reputable gun smith and having it tapped and dyed to have a scope rail put on it. I am not worried about spending the money on a new gun but I don't know that I really need 2 .22 MKII's in the safe if I could make perminate alterations of this one.

What are your thoughts?

tlakidd

i think that volquartson makes a scope mount rig. I think you have to have a bull barrel . I think that if you pay a professional to do the mods it will not change the value of your gun to much

This is a B-Square no gun-smith mount. As the name implies, no drilling, no tapping required. If you have an adjustable rear sight, you might need to take it off. I've had it on MKI's, MKII's, & 22/45's. Have fun with that MKII! Mike.

BsquarerugerMKII001.jpg
BsquarerugerMKII003.jpg

If you can find a used set of Solows, These are great. too bad company went out of business.

DSC_5826.jpg

As to value, Unless you had a really old (like 1950's era) There not that collectible cause there's gazillions of them out there. Modify it, shoot it, have fun with it

The non prefix serial number guns are a bit sought after, but other than that not collectable. One of the best shooters out there very rare to find an "unfired" one because they are soooo much fun!!!

I'd just get it drilled and tapped.

Unless yours was used to assassinate Che Guevara or someone else famous it's not like it's really collectible.

H

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top