JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the taking apart and putting back together thing down that is no problem . The problem is when did Mk 1 mags become $70 ea ? I am lucky that I do have plenty but jeeze it is like buying Sig or Hk mags lol.

Mark II and Mark III* mags work in a Mark I. Mark I mags work in a Mark II but not a Mark III. Apparently Mark IVs are unique, but I haven't tried yet. And with Mark II and III mags you get ten rounds instead of nine. I've got a half-dozen Mark III mags, $20 each plus shipping.
* The Mark III mag can be difficult to extract, but a little file work to remove the mag catch lump and they're fine.

Mark II and Mark III* mags work in a Mark I. Mark I mags work in a Mark II but not a Mark III. Apparently Mark IVs are unique, but I haven't tried yet. And with Mark II and III mags you get ten rounds instead of nine. I've got a half-dozen Mark III mags, $20 each plus shipping.
* The Mark III mag can be difficult to extract, but a little file work to remove the mag catch lump and they're fine.
There should be a company that makes those mag loading buttons

I still love the OG standard model in 4"
Sentiment has little room for improvement.
Yes love it was thinking of having my old upper cut down by the frame and threaded like the pistol from Assassins !
9175979293_8faf418e3c_c.jpg

Sadly this has been one major PITA with these pistols. That every damn model uses a different mag. The older ones are of course getting harder to find as they are not as in demand any more. Ruger seems to show them in stock for half that but a LOT of reviews saying they are not as well made (what is now) as they were. So many are complaining the new ones they got do not work sadly.
When you like them you figure it out !

When you like them you figure it out !
For a while there I had a MKII, MKIII, and MKIV. So of course a LOT of damn mags. One day I get to range with MKIV, then find out I had grabbed a handful of the wrong mags 🤬. So all I had was the one in the pistol. Then someone here pointed out to me the MkIV mags would work in the other 2 pistols. Well damn. So I sold most of the others, bought more of the IV's now never have to worry about making sure I have the right dam mags:D
Wife has been a while now wanting one of those target models with the 10inch tube. If she does not make up her mind soon I am just going to get the stainless one. She keeps going back and forth over which. That will mean more mags though as those are different than 22/45 mags.

The earlier Standard (mine's a '63) and the Mark 1 mags use the follower assist button on the right side and the later guns have it on the left side (I have a '78 Standard like this). The earlier mags are a bit more substantial because they only have the button slot on the right, but are limited to nine rounds. The later mag allows swapping the button to either side, does increase capacity to ten rounds and looks flimsy in comparison.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top