Ruger make another move Back to the US AR

2ndtimer

Reactions
Looks like Ruger's answer to S&W's M&P 15 Sport, with the added features of the dust cover and forward assist. I like the medium weight barrel and 1 in 8" twist. If it sells for close to the Sport's $600 price, Ruger should have a winner!
They are coming out with a inexpensive direct http://www.ruger.com/products/ar556/models.html impingement AR all previous one have been Piston.

$749 list price so shelf price should be less.

3MTA3

Reactions
Street price has already gone to $600 and should hit closer to $550 or less before it's done.

There is an extensive review by forum member Erudne here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/th...ruger-ar-556-it-shoots-like-my-400-ar.180244/

Bottom line seems to be:
  • Rifle goes bang every time
  • Erudne's sample rifle was not especially accurate
  • Rifle has some non-standard parts which may or may not be an improvement, notably the FSB

Reactions
This rifle is going to blow the competitors out of the water. I have no use personally for an impingement system(I also have no interest in a piston-DGI debate. We all have our opinion.), but maybe this will drive down the cost of Ruger's piston guns.

With anything, rush out and get a low digit serial number for collector purposes. If you want the finished product, give it 6 months or so and any bugs(I'm sure there aren't many) will be worked out.

With the hints Ruger was giving, I really thought they were going to actually release the XGI.

With Colt 6920 magpul at $899? Just thinking about resale.
I agree the colt is a better bang for the buck, I just bought one of the CSR's (Texas contract Colt) for 699 for my go-to, The Rugers I buy in the near future will not be resold for the most part, I am gearing up for a big life change and will ultimately give away most of guns to my boys, Nieces and other worthy family I feel could benefit from a nice entry level AR. I will keep what the wife and I need to take care of and protect our new life.

Sorry if I derailed this thread.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom