JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like Ruger's answer to S&W's M&P 15 Sport, with the added features of the dust cover and forward assist. I like the medium weight barrel and 1 in 8" twist. If it sells for close to the Sport's $600 price, Ruger should have a winner!
They are coming out with a inexpensive direct http://www.ruger.com/products/ar556/models.html impingement AR all previous one have been Piston.

$749 list price so shelf price should be less.

Street price has already gone to $600 and should hit closer to $550 or less before it's done.

There is an extensive review by forum member Erudne here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/th...ruger-ar-556-it-shoots-like-my-400-ar.180244/

Bottom line seems to be:
  • Rifle goes bang every time
  • Erudne's sample rifle was not especially accurate
  • Rifle has some non-standard parts which may or may not be an improvement, notably the FSB

This rifle is going to blow the competitors out of the water. I have no use personally for an impingement system(I also have no interest in a piston-DGI debate. We all have our opinion.), but maybe this will drive down the cost of Ruger's piston guns.

With anything, rush out and get a low digit serial number for collector purposes. If you want the finished product, give it 6 months or so and any bugs(I'm sure there aren't many) will be worked out.

With the hints Ruger was giving, I really thought they were going to actually release the XGI.

I've checked with them. They have none in stock and have no idea when they'll ever see one again.o_O

WAYNO.

That was over 3 months ago that they were in stock at NW Armory, I also see bud's doesn't have them listed anymore. Must be in short supply?

With Colt 6920 magpul at $899? Just thinking about resale.

I agree the colt is a better bang for the buck, I just bought one of the CSR's (Texas contract Colt) for 699 for my go-to, The Rugers I buy in the near future will not be resold for the most part, I am gearing up for a big life change and will ultimately give away most of guns to my boys, Nieces and other worthy family I feel could benefit from a nice entry level AR. I will keep what the wife and I need to take care of and protect our new life.

Sorry if I derailed this thread.

see screenshot.

I am not associated with them in any way other then being a customer

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show