JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Selling a shooter Ruger M77R 7mm Rem Mag. This is the tang safety, red butt pad model. This rifle has been used but not abused. It has minor nicks, scratches, and some missing bluing. $375. Thanks for looking!:)

Dave

Last Edited:
If you are familiar with a Mossberg pump shotgun safety, that is what a tang safety is.......if not, the safety is a sliding type, on-off safety, located on the top of the pistol grip of the stock, just aft of the bolt.

As to trades....never say never. Prefer cash, but trades may be considered.

Dave

Ok Dave, where is SW Wa? How does this gun group at 100yds?

Unknown. A friends father in law hunted with it for years. Seemed to work fine for him. It had a Leupold scope on it and that is what I was after. Most of my rifles are single shot Rugers. Not much into bolt guns anymore.

Dave

still got it? want any trades/part trades? What is a tang safety? (have not heard that term yet sorry)

Tang safety is also an indication of an earlier model, which imho is desirable. To me, kind of like the pre-64 Winchester. I have a 1969 Model M77 .270 and it's beautiful, although with a few minor nicks now. The grade of walnut in the stock is much nicer than the new ones, it's hand-checkered instead of machine pressed or cut, it also has the red butt stock. I bought it in 1970.

On gunbroker, I notice that the early tang safety models bring more than a new one. ??

That's a really good gun, a great caliber and a really exceptional buy imho. As for accurate, unless there's something dumb wrong with it like an amateur bedding job or something, it WILL drive nails. Those actions are very smooth, the triggers are crisp - it's all good.

Good luck on the sale. Imho it's far under priced. I wish I had a use for it.

Additionally, this rifle is what is called a "flat bolt." Notice that the handle for the bolt is flat rather than round. Ruger discontinued that around 1971, and only the upper part is flat on newer ones.

You have a heckuva a nice piece there, especially in a nice caliber.

I'd put that on gunbroker with the first few digits of the serial number posted. I'd start it at $400 + shipping to an FFL with no reserve. I believe that even needing some touch up, it would bring more than $500 and who knows - $600?

That gun will shoot 3/4" or better groups at 100 yards with factory (it likes Remington core-lokt psp) ammo.

Ruger first started making these rifles in 1968, and they were trying to make a rep for themselves. They were very particular about what they released. If a gun didn't drive nails, it didn't get shipped.

What are the first two numbers of the serial with a dash behind them? Mine are 70- and it was made in 1969. There was always some overlap there.

Additionally, this rifle is what is called a "flat bolt." Notice that the handle for the bolt is flat rather than round. Ruger discontinued that around 1971, and only the upper part is flat on newer ones.

You have a heckuva a nice piece there, especially in a nice caliber.

I'd put that on gunbroker with the first few digits of the serial number posted. I'd start it at $400 + shipping to an FFL with no reserve. I believe that even needing some touch up, it would bring more than $500 and who knows - $600?

That gun will shoot 3/4" or better groups at 100 yards with factory (it likes Remington core-lokt psp) ammo.

Ruger first started making these rifles in 1968, and they were trying to make a rep for themselves. They were very particular about what they released. If a gun didn't drive nails, it didn't get shipped.

What are the first two numbers of the serial with a dash behind them? Mine are 70- and it was made in 1969. There was always some overlap there.

This rifle is not a flat bolt. The SN prefix is 771-xxxxx. It is sold, by the way.
Dates to the mid-80's. Thanks for your comments, though.

Dave

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.