Ruger M77 MKII Varmint

Reactions
Anybody got an opinion on this rifle? im set to meet up with a guy tomorrow to buy his. says its new in box, looks really nice. from the reading ive done nobody really appears to have a complaint about it. can anyone with personal experience vouch for that? its chambered in 22-250.

thanks,

Tyler.

Reactions
at least with 22-250 you should be able to find ammo for it. Seems to be one of the few still on the shelves at most places I've been.

OP
J
Reactions
most places i shop are fairly big block, 9mm, .223 and .22lr are the only real damaged calibers so far. not that im concerned about finding 22-250 right now anyhow, ive still got a fair amount i kept from selling me last 22-250.

Reactions
I don't trust anyone. NIB is just as easily a sales line as the truth. The .22-250 is prone to getting the barrel shot out quickly even if allowed to cool between shoots. Someone shooting rapid fire in a sage rat field can burn up a barrel in a day or two. I would suggest you have the barrel borescoped before you buy it. The only exception to that rule would be if I knew the guy and trusted him, or the price was low enough that if I had to rebarrel I came out even on the deal.

With that said, they are nice rifles. Accuracy with a Ruger can be more hit and miss more so than compared to a Remington or a Savage, but it should be acceptable.

OP
J
Reactions
ill definitely be atleast removing the bolt and looking into daylight through the bore. checking for GSR, fresh cleaning oil ect. i wouldnt consider the price LOW, but i feel like id be getting a fair deal. im aware that 22-250 can be a damaging cartridge, as ive owned one before. im more or less looking for a direct opinion on the MKII in this caliber and/or recommendations.

Reactions
I have one of these in a 223 caliber, Its a better gun than most shooters. I shoot a lot and can put 5 rounds in a quarter at 100yards with this rifle. Its the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.
When you look up the definition of Tack Driver in the dictionary, It should say Ruger M77 Mark II

Great Rifle

Vern

erslll

Reactions
I have one of he MKII Varmint/targets in .204 and it is very, very accurate. I really like mine.

Reactions
I picked up one in 25-06 last year on here and it's a good rifle. I'm still playing with loads but got it down to around 1moa. Going to bed the action and see if that helps

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Always a pleasure to visit.
    :s0015: I've used this shop for many years, never had an issue. Great prices, everyone I've met working there has been top-notch, and I do like...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
Top Bottom