JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody got an opinion on this rifle? im set to meet up with a guy tomorrow to buy his. says its new in box, looks really nice. from the reading ive done nobody really appears to have a complaint about it. can anyone with personal experience vouch for that? its chambered in 22-250.

thanks,

Tyler.

most places i shop are fairly big block, 9mm, .223 and .22lr are the only real damaged calibers so far. not that im concerned about finding 22-250 right now anyhow, ive still got a fair amount i kept from selling me last 22-250.

I don't trust anyone. NIB is just as easily a sales line as the truth. The .22-250 is prone to getting the barrel shot out quickly even if allowed to cool between shoots. Someone shooting rapid fire in a sage rat field can burn up a barrel in a day or two. I would suggest you have the barrel borescoped before you buy it. The only exception to that rule would be if I knew the guy and trusted him, or the price was low enough that if I had to rebarrel I came out even on the deal.

With that said, they are nice rifles. Accuracy with a Ruger can be more hit and miss more so than compared to a Remington or a Savage, but it should be acceptable.

ill definitely be atleast removing the bolt and looking into daylight through the bore. checking for GSR, fresh cleaning oil ect. i wouldnt consider the price LOW, but i feel like id be getting a fair deal. im aware that 22-250 can be a damaging cartridge, as ive owned one before. im more or less looking for a direct opinion on the MKII in this caliber and/or recommendations.

I have one of these in a 223 caliber, Its a better gun than most shooters. I shoot a lot and can put 5 rounds in a quarter at 100yards with this rifle. Its the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.
When you look up the definition of Tack Driver in the dictionary, It should say Ruger M77 Mark II

Great Rifle

Vern

Well ladies and gents, here she be. Ruger M77 MKII Varmint chambered in 22-250 with Redfield 6-18x44 accurange/BDC glass ontop

2013-01-29_20-59-30_309.jpg

2013-01-29_20-59-30_309.jpg