JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have this old Ruger M77 in the 30-06 caliber. I have never been comfortable shooting it, it just seems awkward to me. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this rifle and what I could do to make it more user-friendly?n I've thought about a new stock, I really like the wood stock though.

Thanks for any input.

You could try checking with Jaybo, I think his Ruger aught-six is an M77 and I know he's been putting some work into it. From what I recall he's been happy with it so far but it's still a work-in-progress. :s0155:

How is it uncomfortable? Is it poor stock fit? If LOP is an issue, you can try a slip-on recoil pad to lengthen it out. I had to do this with my Winchester 94, and it helped a lot.

Pachmayr makes a prefit Decelerator for the mkII, which is 1", so it should lengthen it a little bit. I like the slip-on pads, because they can be installed over factory pads for even more length. I don't think they look too good, but I always take them off when I'm not shooting. Plus, if you don't like it it's easier to take off. Some of the "prefit" pads need the old holes filled and new holes drilled in the stock.