JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger LCRx, 357 Mag, 3.00" Barrel, Adj Sights, Matte Black, Hogue Tamer Monogrip, 5-round - Ruger 5444

takemymoney.jpg

I know that a 3" SP101 is pretty snappy with full-load .357 rounds as I just put several boxes through mine last Saturday. This being lighter than an SP101 could be... painful.

I had an SP101 with a 2.25" barrel and yes, it was snappy and a bit too heavy for a 'field gun' IMO - 26 oz (the 3" is 27oz) - but I think the short barrel had something to do with that - plus the grips weren't as good as the Hogues.

I also had a 24 oz Taurus Total Titanium Tracker (say that ten times) with a 4" ported barrel and ribbed (for your pleasure) Hogue grips. That was a pleasure to shoot and it had a 7 shot cylinder. The problem I had with it was typical Taurus quality; it came with a cylinder/barrel gap of less than 0.001" and after about 50 rounds that gap would close with debris such that the cylinder would lock up and it would be very difficult to open it.

The LCRx in .357 will probably sell like pancackes, but I think I would prefer my TRR8 with 8 shots, 5" barrel. It is 35 oz (one kilo) but it shoots nicely, has good balance and has rails galore.

I have a LCRx 3" in 38 Special. The grip is a good design and makes it comfortable to shoot. Snappy yes with heave loads, but you aren't going to target shoot with it anyway. You're going to carry it more then shoot it so light weight is the key. The only thing I don't like about it is mine has a rattle in it. I need to stop back by a smith and see that's normal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top