JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just shot my LCR today for the first time and after about 100 rounds the cylinder froze. I got 1 of the 5 shots off and then the cylinder and trigger froze leaving me with 4 live rounds stuck in the gun. I tried pushing the cylinder open with the realse button pressed and its not budging. This is my first revolver so I'm a little stumped on what to do. Is there a way to fix this myself or am I going to have to take it to a gun smith? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow that is a sh@tty thing.

I own a LCR and I love it, approx same round count. No problems with mine.

Sold guns for less though.

Disappointing, please post your findings.

May have a backed off primer putting pressure against the frame. If the cylinder is still on the empty you could try using a wooden dowel to push that empty case back and re seat the primer but I doubt that will do it. If the release button pushed in fully how hard did you push on the cylinder to try and swing it out?

Ruger does recommend certain bullet weights because recoil in lightweight revolvers can cause the unfriend bullets to move out of their cases and bind up the action. I think they recommend nothing under 125grn bullets but check the manual to be sure.

I would be making a phone call to Ruger. You say its the first time you ever fired it, if you are the original owner then Ruger ought to be taking care of you.

Today I had more time to sit down and look at the problem. It wasn't a malfunction with the gun but a ammunition malfunction. I have a bullet lodged half way in the barrel and the *** end still in the cylinder. Took it to the gun smith and luckily they can pull the bullet out for $25. I'm actually happy it turned out this way because the LCR is a fun little gun to shoot, I was ready to sell the damn thing when this all first happened. I just wont be shooting any more waddcutters.