JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
flame cuting can be an issue with ANY revovler. ruger isnt the only mfg that is maybe concerned with it.

have you looked at some of the newer S&W airwieghts/carry revolvers? there is a little piece of "L" shaped metal wedged/mounted above the barrel inside the cylinder opening. to me it looks cheesy.

whats really funny, is that SR used the Flame cutting as their marketing tool back then to buy SR revolvers and not S&Ws since their top strap was much thicker then S&Ws.

I have S&W 44 mags that show flame cutting, but no problems here. I also have a GP100 that shows the same. i dont shoot hot loads either, they were all moderate or factory.

Im impressed with SR in that they will do whats right if they find out there is a problem. from what i understand about the SR9 is that there wasnt a problem. its just that it "could" have had an AD if the gun was dropped. to me, i wouldnt have ANY issue with buying a SR product. i cant say that about some other gun mfgs.

3 recalls in a row makes me avoid them as a company in general. ESPECIALLY on something I trust my life with.

I really don't care what the recall is... it could be that the color was 1 shade of black away from where it should have been. I just won't support them with my dead presidents.

3 recalls in a row makes me avoid them as a company in general. ESPECIALLY on something I trust my life with.

I really don't care what the recall is... it could be that the color was 1 shade of black away from where it should have been. I just won't support them with my dead presidents.

you must not drive then.

Maybe Ruger is just doing what other manufactures should do and recalling guns for even the most minimal of problems. Maybe they are in fact taking good care of their customers. I don't know I have a few Rugers and I haven't had a single problem with them. And I didn't even send my SR9 back for the recall because well I think the chance of it going off because it's dropped is remote.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top