Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger LCR having issues?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 15, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Has anyone else heard that the new Ruger LCR is having some serious issues regarding flame cutting of the frame? If so that is not good for Ruger. That makes three new releases and three potential recalls.

2. toys

toys PDX Member

flame cuting can be an issue with ANY revovler. ruger isnt the only mfg that is maybe concerned with it.

have you looked at some of the newer S&W airwieghts/carry revolvers? there is a little piece of "L" shaped metal wedged/mounted above the barrel inside the cylinder opening. to me it looks cheesy.

whats really funny, is that SR used the Flame cutting as their marketing tool back then to buy SR revolvers and not S&Ws since their top strap was much thicker then S&Ws.

I have S&W 44 mags that show flame cutting, but no problems here. I also have a GP100 that shows the same. i dont shoot hot loads either, they were all moderate or factory.

Im impressed with SR in that they will do whats right if they find out there is a problem. from what i understand about the SR9 is that there wasnt a problem. its just that it "could" have had an AD if the gun was dropped. to me, i wouldnt have ANY issue with buying a SR product. i cant say that about some other gun mfgs.

3. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

3 recalls in a row makes me avoid them as a company in general. ESPECIALLY on something I trust my life with.

I really don't care what the recall is... it could be that the color was 1 shade of black away from where it should have been. I just won't support them with my dead presidents.

4. toys

toys PDX Member

you must not drive then.

5. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

I completely see your point. No car = no job = no food = death. No gun = job = food = death. The results might be the same, but the path is a bit different :)

6. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Maybe Ruger is just doing what other manufactures should do and recalling guns for even the most minimal of problems. Maybe they are in fact taking good care of their customers. I don't know I have a few Rugers and I haven't had a single problem with them. And I didn't even send my SR9 back for the recall because well I think the chance of it going off because it's dropped is remote.