JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about coat pocket gun, yes inside of a soft sticky holster.

The LCR in .327 Federal Magnum has been touted as very light and easy shooting especially compared to the .357. So it has caught my eye. I usually strong side hip carry a PPQ.

Does anybody have first hand experience with an LCR, especially in .327?

Love the LCR but have it chambered in 38. I am sure 327 will enter my caliber collection at some point in time. If I didn't reload I might take a pass on the 327.

I was intrigued with the 32 H&R Magnum before the 327 came along, never jumping in because of having a J-frame in 38 Special already. Or, like now, my carry gun is a J-frame 357.
In "normal-er" times I'd say it's going to be easier to find 38 Special or 357 Mag ammo than anything for the 327. It's not normal now, I'll just bypass that part.:rolleyes:

I think the 327 ought to be a winner for many of the same reasons the 6.5's are rocking the rifle world. Plenty of power. Better penetration than larger calibers in the same power class for a given bullet weight. Maybe an extra round in a small frame revolver? Yeah, it ought to be the cat's butt!

Buy it. Small frame revolvers pack easily. Ruger makes a solid gun. I doubt you'll regret it.

In "normal-er" times I'd say it's going to be easier to find 38 Special or 357 Mag ammo than anything for the 327. It's not normal now, I'll just bypass that part.:rolleyes:

At least I reload, but finding .32 bullets could be an issue. I did find a box of 100gr Gold Dots and two boxes of Federal Hydra-shocks. Today so I bought them actually reasonably priced. $25.99 and $21.99.

If I never buy a .327 I will sell my ammo.

Great post, OP.

With ammo the way it is for common cartridges, there's a few less popular chamberings that I've always been interested in but never wanted to try because of their price like 9x23 Win and 357 SIG compared, and 327 Federal, instead of say 45 ACP or 357 mag / 38 special.

I've had a crush on the .327 Federal for a while, actually dating back to the H&R Magnum. Although I think as a defensive round in a small gun it would be great, I've wanted one in a 6" something like a K frame as it seems that this little fast round would be great with a longer sight radius and some added velocity from a longer tube. Seems very few were made in this configuration.

Sorry I can't provide first had experience but betting you will end up with a good combination if you go this way.

I've always wanted a .327 pocket blaster for that extra cylinder capacity etc. but touching one off in a confined space would probably ring your bell but hey.

I love my LCR 327!!!! Small size, light weight, and powerful caliber! I used to carry the 38 special but got in on a nice priced 327 a while back and snatched it up! I love having an extra round in the cylinder. Carry ammo can is plenty stout but very manageable. Hand loaded ammo can tame the beast for range use. I've fire 32 H&Rs out of it and they were real sweethearts. The caliber really is suited to reloaders if you hope to get the widest range of ammo selection out of it. I carry factory Gold Dots myself. At the range I like Hornady hollow points for practice/carry loads. Usually 100grain bullets. I've got some 85s I want to try out too.

I have one. The full power .327's are a handful to shoot (recoil has a little more snap and a little less push, to me, compared with a .357). But .32 H&R mags are nice and soft shooting, and there are multiple defensive loads available. Ammo can be anywhere from hard to impossible to find (and that was before things got bad) and also somewhat expensive. I personally wouldn't recommend this to someone who doesn't reload, but as Bill pointed out it is really suited to reloaders. Hot .327 loads are high pressure and I have had some rare case splits and deformations when reloading.

Man I really want to like the 327FM, but it seems like it doesn't want to do well in the marketplace.

Man I really want to like the 327FM, but it seems like it doesn't want to do well in the marketplace.
The market doesn't really matter to a reloader when you can reuse one piece of brass 5-50 times and cast your own projectiles for essentially your time invested.

But finding a gun right now is much harder. I found ammo, bullets, I have powder and primers, but no gun.
That's the other part of the market, only a few variations chambered in it!

Hoping with time it will be picked up, with more makes and models.

The LCR in .327 Federal Magnum has been touted as very light and easy shooting especially compared to the .357.

I fired .357 Magnum out of an LCR...exactly twice. The first shot hurt my hand. The second time I was sure I never wanted to pull the trigger again. I don't care for .357 Mag out of lightweight snubs.

My .38 LCR OTOH has been a great gun.

I fired .357 Magnum out of an LCR...exactly twice. The first shot hurt my hand. The second time I was sure I never wanted to pull the trigger again. I don't care for .357 Mag out of lightweight snubs.

My .38 LCR OTOH has been a great gun.

I have heard that .357 was unpleasant to shoot, but many have said .327 was okay not real fun but okay. Sure 357 you can shoot 38's, but with a 327 you can shoot several lessor calibers if desired.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top