JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone had any first hand experience with a side by side comparison of these two pocket pistols? Any input on either one? I know that the first generation of LCPs is under recal and they have fixed the problem on the new ones. I'm leaning hard toward the Ruger, as it seems a bit more robust and the design prevents the skin between the thumb and first finger from getting pinched by the slide. Besides, Crimson makes a neat little laser grip for the LCP, but not the Kel Tec. Any words of wisdom on either of these?

Well, seeing as I detest the late Bill Ruger and his company...

...and the P-3AT is a great little gun.

I'd pick the Kel-Tec

Well, seeing as I detest the late Bill Ruger and his company...

...and the P-3AT is a great little gun.

I'd pick the Kel-Tec
I'd be happy to have either or better yet both! While I can understand disliking Bill maybe it's time to move on as he has been dead for a few year's now... :p

And Ruger the company seems to be reversing bad policies and coming out with some good self defense focused stuff lately. Has anyone had the chance to try out their new "NRA" or "Tactical" Mini-14's? I don't know what internal work has been done but with the new and improved sights, shorter barrel, synthetic stock and 20 round factory magazine they sure look good to me! :s0155:

While I can understand disliking Bill maybe it's time to move on as he has been dead for a few year's now... :p
Bill Ruger did just as much or more to erode our Second Amendment rights as any politician or lobbyist has ever done. That, is inexcusable. Move on? Not a chance. I won't disagree that some of the guns they build are worth having (and many aren't), but I'll never buy a new one; nothing to support that company.

Bill Ruger did just as much or more to erode our Second Amendment rights as any politician or lobbyist has ever done. That, is inexcusable. Move on? Not a chance. I won't disagree that some of the guns they build are worth having (and many aren't), but I'll never buy a new one; nothing to support that company.
I fully agree with never forgetting the past but once a person or company corrects a mistake it's not fair to keep boycotting them. Ruger the man is dead and Ruger the company sells the good stuff again, including the regular aka "high" capacity magazines that Bill so infamously opposed us civilians having. So why will you "never" buy from them? :huh:

I fully agree with never forgetting the past but once a person or company corrects a mistake it's not fair to keep boycotting them. Ruger the man is dead and Ruger the company sells the good stuff again, including the regular aka "high" capacity magazines that Bill so infamously opposed us civilians having. So why will you "never" buy from them? :huh:
Bill Ruger never did correct his mistakes, never regretted them either. He went to his grave holding on to his beliefs that I vehemently oppose and that we have given so much to fight. It has taken his death for the company he built to change course. The damage has been done though and you would think his company would be doing much more to make amends. They're not. Simply selling high-capacity magazines isn't near enough for me to "support" them. I also do not think much of what they build is worth buying; too much junk and terrible customer service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top