JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had both. They are both ugly little pocket pistols.

The kel tec wasn't reliable enough even with a fluff and buff. It also had a snappy recoil. I sold it dirt cheap. This was quite a few years back and they may be better now but they left a sour taste in my mouth.

When I purchaced the lcp I was expecting pretty much the same as the kel tec. Thankfully it was quite different. Even though they look and feel similar, the Ruger is a much nicer gun IMO. The quality of worksmanship seems better. It's been 100% reliable will all types of ammo. What really got me is how much tamer it is to shoot. Even with the darn near nonexistant sights, it is quite accurate.

The Ruger LCP and the Kel-Tec P3AT are ... kissing cousins.

The P3AT has a better trigger ... the LCP is better to shoot.
The P3AT is a little thinner; the Ruger a little thicker.

Find both at your LGS and test the fit for your hands - both, strong and weak.
Either will need a 'break in' at the range for the gun and for you.

Just between these two?

I'd look a little more at the LCP.

Neither, get the TCP from Taurus. It is the first Taurus made in the USA is pretty much the same size, and has a better grip than either the KT or LCP. It also has the best trigger of the 3.

I have shot the KT and the grip just seems to dig into your hand. My TCP shoots any and all ammo I have put through it, and I trust it to go bang every time. Also, the trigger guard is a bit larger than the KT or LCP, so shooting with thin gloves on is easier, or if you happen to have bigger fingers it is better.

I picked up mine for $240 delivered on Gunbroker, but they show up on this board from time to time.

Just my thoughts based on my personal experience.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Every Kel-Tec I've looked at has quite a few cosmetic flaws on the outside, like it was a rush job or pulled off the line before it was complete.

With that being said, if the outside of the gun looks shoddy, I have a tough time believing they paid attention to any details on the inside.

+1 for Taurus TCP. Holds the slide open after the last round is fired.

I agree, I really like having the slide hold open on the last shot. I've had two LCPs and my father in law has a P3AT. Both the Ruger and the KT hurt the bottom of our trigger fingers after firing just a magazines worth of ammo through them. My TCP doesn't hurt at all after I shoot it. Plus the Taurus ships with TWO magazines from the factory not only ONE like the Ruger. I really hate to say this because I'm a huge Ruger fan, just not a fan of the LCP. I do have to say the fit and finish on the TCP and the LCP is way better than the P3AT though, hands down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top