Ruger LCP report

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Ironbar, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar
    Tigard, OR

OK, so in addition to getting to know my Saiga rifle a couple days ago, I also played around for the first time with my Ruger LCP. I bought it as a backup pistol, and when I'm carrying light.

The first several mags were targeted at 12 feet. I didn't expect to be dead-on accurate with this gun as the sights are practically nonexistent. However, at 12 feet all rounds landed on the 8½ x 11" sheet of paper.

RugerTarget12Feet001.jpg

The fellow who sold it to me was correct in that it's like a firecracker going off in your hand. However, recoil was very manageable with the addition of a Pachmayr slip-on grip for the LCP.

At 25 feet the accuracy really falls off. Although I managed to land all but three rounds on the paper, you can see that there's definitely more spread. This is from 14 shots fired at 25 feet.

RugerTarget25Feet001.jpg

There's a surprisingly long trigger pull with this little gun. Definitely had to use the pad of my finger to get the trigger back far enough. It's a close-quarters gun for sure. All-in-all, I really like it for its intended purpose, and I have no problem carrying it daily due it its small size. I'm glad I bought it!

2. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol
    Salem

Thanks for the range report! I'd like to see more of these.

What kind of stance were you using?

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland
    Completely Out of Ammo

Try Buffalo Bore in that thing. Then it is really a firecracker, but manageable. I couldn't believe how accurate I was with the LCR - strange actually.

4. Ironbar

Ironbar
    Tigard, OR

About 3/4 Weaver Stance, and 1/4 Point Shooting.

5. XSubSailor

XSubSailor
    SW WA

I enjoyed shooting your new rifle that day...definitely need to do that again soon.

6. Ironbar

Ironbar
    Tigard, OR

Brian! Good to see you on here man! Thanks a million again for the invite to your range, it was way fun!