Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger lcp question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Oregonhunter5, May 7, 2013.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I have one. Works fine. My wife has one, also works fine.
    My negative picky dad gets one , and complains about the gun being hard to chamber. My dad works out 5 days a week, and is 73 years old. A division 1 defensive end, and he claims its a pain in the Azz the chamber. Any thoughts on this?

2. metrotps

metrotps Mountlake Terrace Member

I would give him yours, because it works fine for you, but don't even think about trading your wifes LCP! Then see if there are any problems. Is his broken in? Could it be he is trying to stiff arm his trigger arm and pull the slide back or is he using the push/pull method?

3. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

Mine is ok to pull back, but compared to a full size like Glock it is tougher. I noticed that I have trouble when I put my hand over the top of the slide, grasp it and "push" back vs grabbing the serrations from behind the pistol and "pull" back. Does that make sense?

4. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Little gun needs a stout spring.

5. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

You need to try out his gun and ammo, to see how it works.

A former Div. 1 player even at 73 y/o could have huge meat hook type hands, that are just getting in the way.

My guess is if his gun works for you, his hands are too big and massive and is hitting a slide stop, or one of his fingers is rubbing the slide preventing it from going backward and forward as normal.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

A Walther PK380 has a very easy to work with ....