JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry an LC9s daily. I bought it explicitly for the trigger, which is the best I have seen on a small carry gun (little guns need all the help they can get in this department). Other than that, it has no character whatever. I don't care about that - it's an easy to carry gun in a serious caliber. This gun is for pure utility.

I went and bought another magazine (it floors me Ruger would sell a gun like this with only one mag). Do try to get the smooth Italian (Mec-Gar I think) magazines. One of my mags can snag going in, if I tilt it one way, so that is the one I keep in the gun. The other, that goes in smoothly, is my spare. I think there must be a burr on the mag release button, or something. Some day I will look into it.

I just went testing some handloads today. Speer 115gr GDHP with 6.2gr of Unique. Averaged 1128fps in 2 shots from the 3.1" barrel. Good enough to ensure expansion, I'm thinking.

I carry an LC9s daily. I bought it explicitly for the trigger, which is the best I have seen on a small carry gun (little guns need all the help they can get in this department). Other than that, it has no character whatever. I don't care about that - it's an easy to carry gun in a serious caliber. This gun is for pure utility.

I went and bought another magazine (it floors me Ruger would sell a gun like this with only one mag). Do try to get the smooth Italian (Mec-Gar I think) magazines. One of my mags can snag going in, if I tilt it one way, so that is the one I keep in the gun. The other, that goes in smoothly, is my spare. I think there must be a burr on the mag release button, or something. Some day I will look into it.

I just went testing some handloads today. Speer 115gr GDHP with 6.2gr of Unique. Averaged 1128fps in 2 shots from the 3.1" barrel. Good enough to ensure expansion, I'm thinking.

If it turns out to be the mag release, it's super easy to replace...even I did it (LOL).

Had sticking mags, so figured the release was worn too much/machined improperly. Dunno if that was the case or not, but new release & works fine.

Think I change the spring as well at the same time, but memory fails me.

Release button was ?$5 tops.