JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a pro and I'm not overly fond of it. In my opinion, the trigger pull weight is a bit light. I know that's totally subjective and if it was heavier I'm sure many people would shout about it. I just think a defenseive gun should have a bit more weight in it to reduce AD chances under stress.

I'm also a bit leery of the fully cocked striker that's held back by a small sear. I prefer the thought of a glock/sr9 style striker that is at half cock. While this causes the mushy feeling some people don't like. I think it is a valuable safety measure and if it had this it would probably eliminate the light trigger.

One thing I will say is that ruger really backs up their products. (I have several rugers) I had the sear reset spring break on mine on the second magazine shot out of it. One phone call and they emailed me a shipping label. I think I had it back in about 2 weeks including transit time. I'm probably a bit biased against it because of this failure. It could happen to any gun but it shook my confidence hard.

The gun is a pretty good shooter for its size. A bit snappy when using heavier loads but fully controllable as long as it fits your hands. I prefer to just carry my SR9C. It's a bit heavier but I'm much more comfortable shooting it.

I have decent sized man hand with long fingers. Getting the trigger pulled all the way 'till it goes bang is why I wouldn't carry/ or shoot one anymore. We have the old style we got for Wifey in the safe, and it sits. She didn't like it either and carries a Sig 938.

I was given my LC9 because my dad didn't like the trigger, it's not shootable for some people.
I have a lot of choices in the safe for carry.
I like my gen 1 and carry it often.
It's not my #1 range gun, but it's my most often carried.
I have considered a gen 2, but can't really justify it.

To your point Mike, if it ended up collecting dust, I'd Give it to someone I cared about who wanted or needed a carry gun before I would sell it for peanuts. Or just keep it.

I carry mine on a daily basis. Probably my favorite for a small easy to carry gun. Like Camelfilter said it is a little snappy but still a easy gun to shoot.
What he said. It's my every day carry and I actually forget it's there until I enter a situation that makes me think about it. I'm not as accurate with it as my full size 1911, but it's a dream to carry and I like that all the controls are in the same places as my 1911.

Try it as a carry piece and you won't be disappointed in it.

I found the thinness of the grip very uncomfortable.

The Hogue Handall "Beavertail" grip sleeve costs around $10. It completely changed the feel of the gun to the point that I seriously love this thing now.

It does make it a lot less pocket-able due to the grabby rubber and palmswell. It goes on really tight so it is not like you can take it on and off.
180115_095022ces.jpg
180115_100408ces.jpg

I found the thinness of the grip very uncomfortable.

The Hogue Handall "Beavertail" grip sleeve costs around $10. It completely changed the feel of the gun to the point that I seriously love this thing now.

It does make it a lot less pocket-able due to the grabby rubber and palmswell. It goes on really tight so it is not like you can take it on and off.
View attachment 421399
View attachment 421401

Where did you get those?

i have a lc9s pro. i like it. trigger is surprisingly good on mine. i bought the 9 or 10 round extended magazine and it makes a difference on how good of a grip i have when firing it.

no complaints