JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was discussing the Ruger LC9 with someone today and I realized that the reason this gun is causing such a fuss is that it really does fill a niche in the market. This whole time I have been of the mindset that the gun was a waste of time because there are already great 9mm pistols out there that are small, thin, and light. I was like "What will this gun do that a Kahr does not do better?" I really felt that the only reason people wanted it was because it was decent quality and was really inexpensive.

This gun has so many features that make it a complete wash in my opinion. The loaded chamber flag, the mag disconnect, the manual safety. These are all things that make me say no thanks.

Then I realize that these same features that I hate are exactly what some people have been waiting for to come out on a decent gun. Some people would probably cringe at the idea of a carry gun with no safety and a DA trigger which is what I prefer.

The things I look for in a gun are obviously not the same as everyone else. I can easily imagine someone thinking that this gun has all the features a gun would have if they designed it themselves. Some people probably feel more comfortable with a manual safety. Some people probably like the loaded chamber indicator.

So, how many people like this gun because of the features and how many like it just because it is decent quality and cheap enough that they are willing to put up with the features?

I couldn't wait for this gun to come out. I was checking my local store several times a week until they finally had one...... then I realized it had a manual safety and may disconnect. I passed on it and am now waiting for the Kahr cm9. A da only, with no safety. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was discussing the Ruger LC9 with someone today and I realized that the reason this gun is causing such a fuss is that it really does fill a niche in the market.

Indeed good sir..

Just as people drive around a wide array of cars, is because they like different things. Guns are much the same when people are looking for something to shoot casually, or carry everyday.

The only reason I think I wouldn't carry it, would be the mag disconnect.. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind owning one to go shoot at some junk sometimes. :D Just wouldn't carry one, just like I don't carry my P95. I didn't buy it to carry. I bought it to shoot lotsa 9mm lead at various targets and make fruit spatter. hah..

As was said: nothing that my KT doesn't already do except that the KT is a .357 SIG or .40 S&W

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Definitely not interested in the LC9. A manual safety isn't necessarily a bad thing, if I don't like it, I just won't use it, although it probably does add a little to the overall width (although maybe that's not the widest point with that particular firearm anyways). A loaded chamber indicator isn't necessarily a bad thing either, but the ones on the Ruger are pretty goofy and annoying, definitely an example of what's commonly called a "lawyer feature." The mag disconnect is definitely a bit of a turn off, in a plinker a mag disconnect is tolerable, in a carry gun, no thanks.

I like ALL of those features and will probably buy the Ruger in a year or so, after all of the unpaid product testers finish their warranty recalls! It's nice to know at a glance if it is chambered. If I ever need to wrestle over the gun it would be nice to drop the magazine and disable the gun. And if an officer ever asks to examine it it would be nice to click on the safety, using only one finger. I grew up on double action revolvers and do not mind a long auto trigger pull---much less likely to go off accidentally.................................elsullo (why does the program separate the "elsul" from the "lo"?)

And if an officer ever asks to examine it it would be nice to click on the safety, using only one finger.

Cuz officers are likely to respond well when you reach for your gun and click one of controls?

I'm liking my LC9.

IMG_7788.jpg

I looked at one at Brightwater today and all I can say is....eh!. It is not a pocket pistol, one comes w/ one mag & feels almost Kel-Tec cheap. I just couldn't see myself buying this type of pistol and then having to holster carry the thing. If I was going to carry that way, I would be better off just buying a super reliable mini-Glock or simply carrying my Springfield Armory EMP.

I looked at one at Brightwater today and all I can say is....eh!. It is not a pocket pistol & I just couldn't see buying this type of pistol and then have to holster carry the thing. I would be better off buying a mini-Glock or just carrying my Springfield Armory EMP.

I agree for me it is not a pocket gun, but you would be surprised how many people do pocket carry them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top