JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have feedback on the Ruger LC 380? My wife is on the smaller side, (think 4'7") and does not like the feel of most of the compact size 9mms. She has held this in her hand and felt comfortable, but she has not fired it. She says anything in 9mm that fits her feels snappy, so there goes my beloved Shield and the ever popular Glock/Sig combo you hear about at the range. She can shoot a 9mm fine, it just isnt pleasant for her. I have not shot the LC380 yet, so I am curious what anyone else knows.

My stepdaughter tried one. She has a Sig P238 that she has zero problems with, but the LC380 was jamming on her almost every round, apparently due to her limp wristing it. Her dad and I shot multiple magazines through it with zero problems, but she'd have a jam almost every round. The apparent problem is that the LC380 has a very light recoil spring. One point of advertising was how easy the slide was to rack. That's good, but it also means the slide return is slowed, meaning any limp wristing at all introduces even more slowness, thus causing the brass to hang up in the process. Kahr just came out with the CT380. It's only a hair smaller than the LC380 but has a good sized grip, excellent quick look sights, only weighs 12 oz to the LC380's 17 oz, and a much better trigger. Don't let the weight confuse you. Kahr's have excellent recoil management and it probably recoils less than the LC380 does. The Kahr triggers are also as smooth as butter due to the cam action they use and are what double action triggers should be. And it's going for about $299 on line. I have two Kahrs, a micro CW380 and a CM45, and have had two others in the past. All were excellent firearms. You might also think about having her try the Concealed Carry version of the Bersa Thunder 380. Totally reliable gun based on the Walther PPK that I've never heard a complaint about. Just my experience, though. Maybe others would disagree.

I rented and put a hundred rounds through the LC380 at Beavercreek and enjoyed the pistol a lot. I found it to be snappy, but after 10 rounds it became more manageable to keep a sight picture for followup shots. For me, it would seem to be a perfect warm weather pocket pistol.

I haven't had the chance to shoot the LC380 yet but during thanksgiving she shot my Shield and it turns out she loves it. It sounds like I'll be giving her that instead of buying the LC380, which means I get a new gun! If I get a chance soon to shoot the LC380 or if she does and loves it I may still end up getting it for her so thank you everyone for the help.

Its gotta be better than the LCP380. My wife has one and hates shooting it but she says she wont have to like doing target practice with it just be able to pull the trigger when she has to.

My stepdaughter tried one. ............ Her dad and I shot multiple magazines ............

Now this is an unusual relationship. Not saying it's bad, just unusual. However, it is nice to be on terms good enough to go shooting with someone like this. :s0155:

I tried to buy a beer for my ex's husband for taking her off my hands, but now he's her ex too. Perhaps I should still buy him a beer. :s0112:

It was just a rare day where he was in town, wanted to take her shooting, and I happened to be the only one with range privileges. Otherwise, we avoid each other. When we do see each other, we're civil for the kids' sake. But that's about as far as it goes.

Read my review of the LC9s in the latest issue of GUN WORLD. If you like a striker fired pistol, this one is IMHO a grand choice. When I test a pistol, it goes through the wringer. This one came out cleaned and pressed!
My test piece was accurate, reliable and comfortable to shoot.
If a .380 is the choice, the original LCP is a dandy. I also tested and reviewed that one in GUN WORLD a few years ago.
Both pistols would be very good for CCW, in my opinion.

I bought 8 Boxes of .380 @ $14 a box at Midway recently with free shipping. I have not tried the LC380 , but have a hammered LC9. Mostly I do not like the external safety and Magazine disconnect. Now Ruger just brought out the LC9s Pro, striker, no safety, no disconnect. Going to be a winner

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top