JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Ruger LC 9 about a year and a half ago. Nice shooting gun. Light weight. Kept it as a nightstand gun mostly. Needed to start carrying it daily as my wife wanted the Tarus TCP .380.

I has bought a nice holster with a clip holder on it and started carrying it. I noticed that the magazine was coming loose. :s0131: I thought that the holster might have been pressing on the release button. I took an exacto knife and did some modifications to the holster, so that the mag release was clearly in the clear. Thought that solved the problem.

Then I noticed the mag was loose again. I took the pistol out, cleared the chamber load and put the mag back in. started twisting it around bit and doing this and that, and was able to clearly hear it release and pull it out. Did it about a dozen times. By grabbing one end of the mag and lightly twisting it, it releases. F***!!

Now this clearly makes this gun unusable to me. I am a fairly active person, I work around my farm, I am on and off tractors and equipment, and this has happened enough that I need to do something. I cannot have a loose mag. I really like this gun, but this a huge deal killer to me.

I am going to contact Ruger, but my experience has been that these manufacturers are fairly non responsive to this type of issue.

Anybody else out there have one or heard of this problem ?

Sometimes the mag release gets a little rounded out, it's a pretty small mag release. I would make sure that the magazine release is moving in its full range of motion, it might have a little lint build up inside the where the u shaped spring is.

My search gave me about a 1000 hits on the thing. The mag spring is mentioned several times. I tried going to Ruger website to send them an e mail, but all their published links to Customer Service and others have been hijacked to spam sites. A phone call to them tomorrow will be in order.

Hopefully they can send me the spring and my son can install it, he is Marine Corp trained armorer. Unwanted mag releases suck.

Thanks for the ideas.

So if you go to this page: Ruger Contact You get spam warnings? Something is wrong with your antivirus, it's fine. I've opened up everything and there's no baddies to be found. Yes, they will give you a pop up window to fill out a contact form to file a complaint but there is no malware or redirection I can find.

I solved my problem by filing the catch hole on the magazine a little bit so that it made a more positive click when inserted. It's a bad design. Basically, I reamed out the hole the magazine catch fits into SLIGHTLY.

My search gave me about a 1000 hits on the thing. The mag spring is mentioned several times. I tried going to Ruger website to send them an e mail, but all their published links to Customer Service and others have been hijacked to spam sites. A phone call to them tomorrow will be in order.

Hopefully they can send me the spring and my son can install it, he is Marine Corp trained armorer. Unwanted mag releases suck.

Thanks for the ideas.

The two times I had an issue with my rugers, gave them a call and They shipped me the part free. Once I had an issue with the ejector on a 10/22 Shipped it to AZ fixed it and they paid for everything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top