JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I imagine a great deal of Ruger's business nowadays is in the concealed market (LCR, LCP, LC9, SR9C, SR40C, etc...), glad to see they're supporting us instead of "them".

Well I ALMOST did the Ruger-sponsored email thing to the lawmakers, but I didn't like this part of the canned letter:

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.

This "improving the quality of data" of the background check sounds too much like "requiring background checks" for all gun purchases.

If they had not included that clause, I would have pushed the button.

Can anyone shed light on what is REALLY meant when someone says "improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System)" ... ????

I imagine a great deal of Ruger's business nowadays is in the concealed market (LCR, LCP, LC9, SR9C, SR40C, etc...), glad to see they're supporting us instead of "them".

My take on Bill Ruger:

From what I gather years and years ago....the Ruger factory hi-caps were pretty much kept in LEO (and LEO dealer) circles. Same with their GB (Government Barrel) minis....as far as Ruger was concerned, that stuff was intended for military/law enforcement use. The plain jane Mini-14s and the low cap mags were basically intended for the civies. Bills company, Bills mindset, Bills world....

I look at the mini-14. It was introduced in the 70's. What was the main competitor for the Mini-14? The AR-15. The SP1's/AR-15s of the 70's didn't have a fraction of the accessories and options we enjoy today. Not by a long shot. So what did the AR shooter have as a major advantage over the Mini owner? Hi cap mags. Tons of ‘em. What wasn't being sold commercially was easily available from your National Guard buddy down the street. Not so for the Mini owner. The standard mini (non-GB) had a much more "sporting type/hunting" look to it compared to the SP1's/AR-15s similar "military look" of it's M16 cousin. Bill really didn't like that look. I think he resented that look. The same aesthetics that the anti-"assault rifle" fools of today bemoan.

Bill made a gamble in my opinion. And loss. His Mini-14 never ever reached the popularity (or sales) of the SP1/AR-15. I'm sure as a business man (and for his anti-hicap and "assault rifle" bias) it made him resentful. Yep. Bill and Ruger paid ($$$$$$$$) for it. Good! They should have!

Finally....years later, with the SR556, the wonderful BX-25 10/22 mags, and other black utility-ish items, they obviously have pulled their heads out of you know what. Good for them! The more ARs being manufactured, the more quality 10/22 highcap mags...the better.

Ruger paid for Bills stupidity. They learned from it. I forgive them. Let's thank Ruger and remind them to never do it again!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top