JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Called the LC9s .... Yes a little "S" after the 9. As near as I can for certain tell, they have dramatically changed the trigger. they ma have changed the sights some (The LC-9 has small white three dot system, maybe, just maybe the LC-9s has bigger dots.

Here is Ruger's PDF

I do have a LC9 (My personal first nine other than the Army) I can shoot it okay, it is a little snappy as you might expect from a smaller gun using bigger gun ammo. I thought it was usable, accurate enough, long throw trigger controllable enough and most important dependable. So I still have it and it normally lives in my pickup. It came with two magazines and I bought a third. I like my XDS 9 better, but the Ruger is still a keeper.

My unmolested LC9 for all it's shortcomings, is reliable, and I can shoot things with it.

Reliability goes down when folks start putting trigger bars and custom triggers on them. Trading shoot-ability for reliability is a trade off you make with range guns, not carry guns.

I thought the Remington R51 was going to be the next big little 9. It tested well, and only after it went into production was it deemed a dog.

I'd love to put a few boxes through the new LC9s. If it does prove to be widely reliable gun, Ruger will have another barn burner on their hands.

My LC9 was a complete POS, they replaced it the third time i sent it in. New one went up for sale the moment it arrived.

I'd be weary given the already prevalent history of light strike problems (& brass in the firing pin hole) on the existing hammer version. Can they get it right with striker fire on the same frame?

I duno but i'd certainly give the LC9s a try. Run it hard and make it prove itself.

The LC9's trigger (& reset) is awful. I'd love to see an improvement there.

I have several higher end 9mm pistols. But the one I carry is a $250 SCCY CPX-2 17oz 10+1 9mm that's plenty accurate, has real sights, feeds everything on the planet, has an almost Kahr-smooth DA trigger, and has been completely reliable through 500 rounds. The early ones were problematic but they really got it right with the Gen 2 versions. Plus a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun, not the owner.

Synaptics: I've been off/on interested in the CPX-1.

I've handled it a few times but had the perception that it weighed around the same as an sr9c (which is also 10+1 9mm)

According to SCCY's website the CPX-1 weighs 15oz. That's 8.4oz lighter than the sr9c.

I'm assuming the difference is in mag weight?

SCCY lists both the CPX-1 & CPX-2 at the same exact 15oz. No safety lever difference?

I have a hard time believing it's 15oz. Gunblast says 17oz, but even that seems kinda stretchy. Anyone find a link with some one independently weighing the CPX* pistols?

Me personally I'd take the sr9c over the CPX all day long. But is there really a significant weight difference between the 2?

That seems to be the only mystery.

Point not lost, a double stack 10+1 != Single stack 7+1 etc.

The LC9s weighs 17.2oz & the S&W Shield is @ <broken link removed> - The Shield model with no thumb safety is listed lighter on their website.

I've carried a double stack for several years & while i wish its size & weight was more like the single stacks none that i know of comes close enough to justify the extra bulk.

If I was going to buy another pocket 9, it would be the S&W shield.

that's what I did last month. :D

20140718_165613_zpsc3a0e9e3.jpg

but props to Ruger trying to improve.

Picked up the Ruger today, I do like the feel of it and the trigger.. It's off to the range soon..

I do think I like the feel better than the Shield. will have to see how they shoot.

Yeah that's really the question. How does it compare to the Shield.

I didn't find the LC9's ergo's to be too terrible but my gf really didn't like it. She didn't like the snappyness either.

I know the LC9s has gotta be lighter than the shield & it's smaller too (that i recall) so maybe it'll be a big win for Ruger.

I'd be curious if the LC9s will have light strike problems. Run some Fiocchi, Sellier & Bellot, or other euro trash through it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top