JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Called the LC9s .... Yes a little "S" after the 9. As near as I can for certain tell, they have dramatically changed the trigger. they ma have changed the sights some (The LC-9 has small white three dot system, maybe, just maybe the LC-9s has bigger dots.

Here is Ruger's PDF

I do have a LC9 (My personal first nine other than the Army) I can shoot it okay, it is a little snappy as you might expect from a smaller gun using bigger gun ammo. I thought it was usable, accurate enough, long throw trigger controllable enough and most important dependable. So I still have it and it normally lives in my pickup. It came with two magazines and I bought a third. I like my XDS 9 better, but the Ruger is still a keeper.

My unmolested LC9 for all it's shortcomings, is reliable, and I can shoot things with it.

Reliability goes down when folks start putting trigger bars and custom triggers on them. Trading shoot-ability for reliability is a trade off you make with range guns, not carry guns.

I thought the Remington R51 was going to be the next big little 9. It tested well, and only after it went into production was it deemed a dog.

I'd love to put a few boxes through the new LC9s. If it does prove to be widely reliable gun, Ruger will have another barn burner on their hands.

My LC9 was a complete POS, they replaced it the third time i sent it in. New one went up for sale the moment it arrived.

I'd be weary given the already prevalent history of light strike problems (& brass in the firing pin hole) on the existing hammer version. Can they get it right with striker fire on the same frame?

I duno but i'd certainly give the LC9s a try. Run it hard and make it prove itself.

The LC9's trigger (& reset) is awful. I'd love to see an improvement there.

I have several higher end 9mm pistols. But the one I carry is a $250 SCCY CPX-2 17oz 10+1 9mm that's plenty accurate, has real sights, feeds everything on the planet, has an almost Kahr-smooth DA trigger, and has been completely reliable through 500 rounds. The early ones were problematic but they really got it right with the Gen 2 versions. Plus a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun, not the owner.

Synaptics: I've been off/on interested in the CPX-1.

I've handled it a few times but had the perception that it weighed around the same as an sr9c (which is also 10+1 9mm)

According to SCCY's website the CPX-1 weighs 15oz. That's 8.4oz lighter than the sr9c.

I'm assuming the difference is in mag weight?

SCCY lists both the CPX-1 & CPX-2 at the same exact 15oz. No safety lever difference?

I have a hard time believing it's 15oz. Gunblast says 17oz, but even that seems kinda stretchy. Anyone find a link with some one independently weighing the CPX* pistols?

Me personally I'd take the sr9c over the CPX all day long. But is there really a significant weight difference between the 2?

That seems to be the only mystery.

Point not lost, a double stack 10+1 != Single stack 7+1 etc.

The LC9s weighs 17.2oz & the S&W Shield is @ <broken link removed> - The Shield model with no thumb safety is listed lighter on their website.

I've carried a double stack for several years & while i wish its size & weight was more like the single stacks none that i know of comes close enough to justify the extra bulk.

If I was going to buy another pocket 9, it would be the S&W shield.

that's what I did last month. :D

20140718_165613_zpsc3a0e9e3.jpg

but props to Ruger trying to improve.

Picked up the Ruger today, I do like the feel of it and the trigger.. It's off to the range soon..

I do think I like the feel better than the Shield. will have to see how they shoot.

Yeah that's really the question. How does it compare to the Shield.

I didn't find the LC9's ergo's to be too terrible but my gf really didn't like it. She didn't like the snappyness either.

I know the LC9s has gotta be lighter than the shield & it's smaller too (that i recall) so maybe it'll be a big win for Ruger.

I'd be curious if the LC9s will have light strike problems. Run some Fiocchi, Sellier & Bellot, or other euro trash through it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top