JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 10/22 is now 50 years old, and over 5 million have been produced. So I'm surprised that they took this long to offer something like this. Still, I take it as being a very positive development. There certainly are a large number of guns out there that could benefit from this upgrade.

I am a bit surprised that the trigger pull on the 10/22 trigger is as light as it is. I would thus hesitate installing this on any rifle that is used by younger shooters, as I think that it could be a safety issue. A real good crisp 4 lb pull would have been a better idea, in my opinion.

I must say that the AR trigger is pretty weird. Why ship it installed inside that funky training housing? You have to first remove it from that, before you even install it.

And they should have made the AR trigger a 1 piece modular unit that is easy to install too, just like they did with the 10/22 trigger. Other companies are offering such easy to install AR trigger kits.

Must be some kind of marketing angle to doing this, but I honestly don't see its worth.

90461.jpg

Last Edited:
I currently have two Modular triggers for ARs, a straight trigger CMC unit. The module itself is excellent but the trigger and hammer pins that retain the module are themselves held in place with little "C" clips, that they include a half dozen or so ought to be a clue, but it wasn't a big enough clue for me, lost a pin on the range. It now has KNS Precision anti rotate pins. Quite secure now.

I am building a second AR with a Tac-Con trigger which includes a ambi-selector switch I am hoping for good things from it and yes I have a second KNS Pin kit.

I really liked the modular concept for the AR's and thought this would be just the thing if they made them for 10-22's . I think they debuted on the 19th I ordered two of them that day, but they were already sold out with no prediction of when they will be back in stock. But I'll be in the early bird line with my back order.

Well, according to Carolyn McCarthy and Dianne Feinstein, the pistol grip alone can cause massive casualties. Why, it's a machine gun just by itself.

Just think of what mass damage it could do, if combined with a bushel of barrel shrouds and "a shoulder thing that goes up"!

Oh, the humanity!!!

I currently have two Modular triggers for ARs, a straight trigger CMC unit. The module itself is excellent but the trigger and hammer pins that retain the module are themselves held in place with little "C" clips, that they include a half dozen or so ought to be a clue, but it wasn't a big enough clue for me, lost a pin on the range. It now has KNS Precision anti rotate pins. Quite secure now.

I am building a second AR with a Tac-Con trigger which includes a ambi-selector switch I am hoping for good things from it and yes I have a second KNS Pin kit.

I really liked the modular concept for the AR's and thought this would be just the thing if they made them for 10-22's . I think they debuted on the 19th I ordered two of them that day, but they were already sold out with no prediction of when they will be back in stock. But I'll be in the early bird line with my back order.

Hu, I have two CMC triggers, both use screws to retain the pins rather than clips. Quite a lot like the KNS anti rotation pins without the cross bar.

...quote removed, as the intention of the quote was misconstrued...

Ya know, I and thousands of others have trained extensively with battle rifles, and we learned to shoot them with a battle trigger. I do not want a target or varmint trigger on a battle rifle.

But, that's the single biggest criticism of most new guns. The trigger. So, there's always somebody that will capitalize on what folks want. Enter the target-trigger market for AR's. And Ruger wants to make money too. Ruger has sat back and watched folks make lots of money selling "improved" triggers for AR's. They figured as long as there are willing buyers, they may as well also get in on the action.

Now, speaking of the 10/22...Certainly not a battle rifle, and very deserving of achieving all the accuracy possible. It's no secret that most factory 10/22 triggers are mediocre at best, and getting worse each year. Every 10/22 I own has a replacement trigger group. Here too, the after market folks have made a ton of money selling trigger groups and components. Ruger will now be getting a portion of that market, too. My thought...Their new trigger will cost no more to build than the the existing factory triggers. So why don't they just put these triggers in all their new 10/22's to start with?

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Lance Jacobs said:
Must be some kind of marketing angle to doing this, but I honestly don't see its worth.

Ya know, I and thousands of others have trained extensively with battle rifles, and we learned to shoot them with a battle trigger. I do not want a target or varmint trigger on a battle rifle.

My comment above had nothing at all to do with the quality of the trigger pull, so I am not sure why you referenced it in your post. I was commenting about why they shipped the trigger pre-installed in that funky training housing that I posted a picture of. I just don't see much point in it.

Now, speaking of the 10/22...Certainly not a battle rifle, and very deserving of achieving all the accuracy possible. It's no secret that most factory 10/22 triggers are mediocre at best, and getting worse each year. Every 10/22 I own has a replacement trigger group. Here too, the after market folks have made a ton of money selling trigger groups and components. Ruger will now be getting a portion of that market, too. My thought...Their new trigger will cost no more to build than the the existing factory triggers. So why don't they just put these triggers in all their new 10/22's to start with?

Well, but 2 1/2 lbs is a rather light pull. That is definitely in the range of what one might typically expect on a varmint rifle. If the 10/22 was only being used by experienced shooters like yourself, perhaps this trigger would not be a problem. But that is not the case. The 10/22 is used by a lot of kids, and is often the first rifle a young shooter gets. It certainly was the first rifle that I got my son.

I kinda want to buy one, But I am bummed that would mean giving up my metal trigger guard

No it is just a shipping / practice housing. You have to replace your existing fire control parts with these. You take them out of that plastic housing and put them in your rifle it is not a 'Modular Unit' like CMC or Timney but I expect you knew that! My new Ruger AR trigger is here in town, I have to go to the Post Office to get it. Signature required, oh well.

10-22 triggers still on back order.

I am talking about the 10/22. All three of mine are old enough to have metal trigger guard housings, the new ones are polomer. I quite like the fact that they are metal. Its a personal thing, I am sure it does not make a beans worth of difference but I would still resent having to change from metal to plastic

Ooh! Well I don't even recall... Oh I went and looked I have a "Mossy Oak" and a Takedown version, both have polymer guards, so I won't lose anything.
Brains, sure hope I did some good with mine when I still had some.

FWIW you can take your metal 10-22 trigger group out to David @ Brimstone Gunsmithing and get several levels of trigger work done, at very reasonable prices. I had him perform his Tier 2 trigger work to my 10-22 and have zero regrets. They specialize in the little 10-22's and his triggers are exceptional. Don't have to give up the nice metal housing and metal trigger guard, this way.....

My comment above had nothing at all to do with the quality of the trigger pull, so I am not sure why you referenced it in your post. I was commenting about why they shipped the trigger pre-installed in that funky training housing that I posted a picture of. I just don't see much point in it.

I removed your quote...WAYNO.

Last Edited:
And, the subject of an all-metal 10/22 trigger group keeps coming up.. Another point I get.. So I've replaced my triggers with all-metal target trigger groups such as what is made by Volquartsen. But, they are way-too expensive, so the $89 variety now sold by Ruger, and made of plastic, still is getting my attention. Mainly what I have not liked about the newer factory supplied factory triggers is the much heavier trigger pull that happened when these plastic triggers replaced the metal ones. If a guy has a metal trigger, and doesn't want to lose it, he could get the improved Ruger trigger, install it, but when he needs his gun to be on show, or when it's time to sell the rifle, pull the replacement group out and re-install the metal one. It really is a 5-minute-or-less job.

WAYNO.

The New Phone book is Here! Wait that should be my new Ruger trigger is here, The housing is really neat it has a good hard plastic grip. The grip is better than a stock A2, but not as good as a later Magpul MOE. It is swelled some, way better than stock. If I was a Ergo fan, or any other fan, I'd put what I use regularly on this housing. The housing itself offer a very good view of the trigger and hammer functioning. Trap the trigger to the rear, recock the hammer, and slowly let the trigger ease forward and watch the reset. Beautiful!
Oh the trigger itself, super good! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. The first stage just feels like take up, very easy, a little long. The second stage very short and crisp. Very Nice
I just can't see a person not liking this trigger.

Okay just got the shipping e-mail from Ruger on my two 10-22 trigger modules, they were on backorder since 12-19-14 so they will be here in a couple of days

...dunno, that Ruger AR upgrade is close to the price of a CMC, unless you can find them discounted. I < really > like the CMC triggers....

Yeah I have a single stage CMC with a flat shoe and I do love it and am not replacing it either. This Trigger will go in the Warden's Daniels Defense DDM4 that has a "Stock" trigger, you can order DDM4 with a Geissele trigger, but hers did not have that option. Hers also has a standard A2 grip and I will change it out with this nicer Ruger grip. I will then use her old trigger and grip on the "Housing" as it really is useful for training. So I'd place the actual trigger cost at near $125 to $130 for me. (Since I find the training aid useful and worth $30 to $40). Anything is better than her stock trigger and I find this Ruger to be very nice indeed. It is not as easy to install as a CMC and it's a two stage as opposed to one. (I have a very slight preference for a two stage, just muscle memory, I know, but it tends to remind me I am in fact pulling the trigger) My one gripe with the CMC was the trigger and hammer pin retention with the tiny C clips but there is a good cure for that and the Ruger trigger will get the same KNS cure from me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top