JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a beautiful rifle with a long range shooting ability. I would put on a good quality scope to reach out there a few yards. Leupold, Nikon, Burris, Bushnell Elite, Redfield, etc.

That is a beautiful rifle with a long range shooting ability. I would put on a good quality scope to reach out there a few yards. Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell Elite, Redfield, etc.

Took it out to Douglas Ridge today. Not to shabby for open sights at 100 yards.

scouttarget10-14-2012100yardsopensights.jpg

I have several rifles, including a .308 enfield and an M1A set up with a scout type scope mount, and mine all have 2x20 simmons scopes... only about 90$, I've never had a problem getting inch groups at 100, and my oldest ones are 0ver 10 years old and still going. There may be better brands, but these have been good for me, and still are.

I've got one of these on mine: <broken link removed>
Inexpensive, don't have to remove the rear peep, quick sight acquisition and nice cross hairs.
My only complaint is that when you up the magnification the eye relief shrinks.

After reading a bunch of opinions I decided to try a traditional scope instead of the scout style.
Went with a Redfield Revolution 2X7X33 Matte Accu Range.
Compared with a disappointing Bushnell, the brightness was better. Compared with a Leupold, the eye relief was better. I never owned a Redfield before so we shall see.

RugerScout.jpg

After reading a bunch of opinions I decided to try a traditional scope instead of the scout style.
Went with a Redfield Revolution 2X7X33 Matte Accu Range.
Compared with a disappointing Bushnell, the brightness was better. Compared with a Leupold, the eye relief was better. I never owned a Redfield before so we shall see.

RugerScout.jpg

Excellent choice, I use a Redfield 3x9 on my 30-06 Rem 700 and love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took it to the English Pit Friday with great results. Went with the 100 yard sighting rather than the overly optimistic 200 called for by Redfield. Hold-overs should be close enough for jazz. Thought that a 500 yard aim point on a 7X was ridiculous...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top