JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else own a GSR?

I just bought one last week and have only run 60 rounds thru it to break in the barrel but so far I love it!

I paired it with a Leupold FX-II 2.5x scout scope and have found it to be quite natural to leave both eyes open when acquiring and shooting at targets.

My main purpose for the rifle is for hunting but I think it is fast becoming my go to rifle for everything else as well.

Anyway, I was mostly curious if anyone else owns one and what they bought/use it for.

Cheers!

I have one and love it as well. Only had it to the range once but thought it shot great. Put a Killer Innovations brake and a Burris 2-7x32 scout scope on it since then. Hoping to take it out next weekend.

I like mine so much I bought her a suppressor. :)

Ruger_zps7ee40da2.jpg

Last Edited:
Ok, so a can was in my long term plans for my scout... I might have to move up my plans a bit lol. That really looks nice. (Not to mention, I'd like to be able to hear anything but ringing in my ears after I take a shot at a deer...).

Do you hand load sub sonics or is there a brand of ammo you prefer?

Thanks for sharing!

Ok, so a can was in my long term plans for my scout... I might have to move up my plans a bit lol. That really looks nice. (Not to mention, I'd like to be able to hear anything but ringing in my ears after I take a shot at a deer...).

Do you hand load sub sonics or is there a brand of ammo you prefer?

Thanks for sharing!

So far I've only shot factory ammo, I do plan to get some sub-sonic ammo loaded up in the future because despite what Hollywood shows the factory ammo isn't really hearing safe even with the can. Also I went with Alpha magazines that fit a lot better than the Ruger mags.

Last Edited:
After bedding the stock I love mine. I was not too happy with the price to groupings prior. Almost sold it. I have a redfield tac 3-9 on it and can put down 1-3" groups at 450-500 yards depending on the loads.

I cut up a XS rail for it and it is a thing of beauty.

I'll have to snap a pic.

I use mine for plinking out to 800. I want to see if it will go to 1k. Primary use for purchase was for hunting. If I feel like going during open coastal on deer this will be what I being. It will take down a few black rail and possibly antelope in the future I hope.

W
After bedding the stock I love mine. I was not too happy with the price to groupings prior. Almost sold it. I have a redfield tac 3-9 on it and can put down 1-3" groups at 450-500 yards depending on the loads.

I cut up a XS rail for it and it is a thing of beauty.

I'll have to snap a pic.

I use mine for plinking out to 800. I want to see if it will go to 1k. Primary use for purchase was for hunting. If I feel like going during open coastal on deer this will be what I being. It will take down a few black rail and possibly antelope in the future I hope.

What method did you use to bed the barrel? Glass?

Bedding barrels is new to me.

W

What method did you use to bed the barrel? Glass?

Bedding barrels is new to me.
Ghetto method. I've been using Pam cooking spray and JB weld on many of my bedding jobs. If you like look up itaqiveteren on YouTube. He does a good walk through on ghetto bedding.

I'm not saying the ghetto glass bed jobs don't work, but real acraglass or the others only run about $15 for a kit to do multiple rifles. I have used jb before and after a few years and a few 1000 rounds it breaks apart...

I'm not saying the ghetto glass bed jobs don't work, but real acraglass or the others only run about $15 for a kit to do multiple rifles. I have used jb before and after a few years and a few 1000 rounds it breaks apart...
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on those I've bedded using JB weld. I've used Brownells metal bedding as well as glass in the past as well. I couldn't resist using JB weld since it's fairly common and easy to obtain.

It helps a bit but not much. After 50 rounds down the pipe my old shoulder was hurting.
I'm not having that issue, but if I were - I would take out a spacer or two and add one of those rubber butt plate pads that slips over the end and gives another 1.5 inches of rubber.

I like the way mine kicks. As long as my sight is dead on when I pull the trigger, it will dump rounds into the same hole at 100-150 yards no problem.

I use MarineTex to bed my rifles. It lasts as long as acraglas, but I find it easier to work with. Its a bit thicker and stays where I put it. AcraGel will do the same thing, but I've used MarineTex on so many guns that I've gotten used to it. You can also pillar bed the action. Brownells sells Ruger pillar bedding kits with the pillars pre-cut which is helpful for the angled front screw.

I bought a sleeve from Numrich that allows me to shoot 32 H&R Mag rounds thru my 308. I have also shot 32 acp- thru it as well. I recommend to use jacketed bullets as lead might be a pain to clean out of the barrel. I bought a second sleeve that I am boring out the length to shoot 30 carbine rounds. No, I am not smoking the cheap stuff.
I am trying to decide to keep my Ruger or my Saiga 308. I like both.

I have read good things about the Mossberg MVP 762 Predator (22" Sporter Barrel) @$500. The laminated stock is near identical to the Ruger but the rifle accepts M1A and magpul (?) mags I have had 2 light weight 16" 308 BAs. Never again!

I'm very happy with mine. With cheap federal power shok, I was getting 3" groups at 200yd. I am very satisfied with that.

Took a small boar pig with it a couple months ago.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews